Author Topic: Why isnt is so "Massive"  (Read 2130 times)

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Why isnt is so "Massive"
« on: August 01, 2006, 11:03:56 am »
Well i personaly dont see so many people playing is it because the map is big or is there more than one server?

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Why isnt is so "Massive"
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 11:07:16 am »
It's because the game is a pre-alpaha , techo demo etc. Its not complete and the only people who really play it are ones who can put up with that fact. Also the world is rather large for the number of people who do play at most its 160 people online at peak times. :)
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:56:03 pm »
We hit 190 for a bit yesterday, but no, the population is not gigantic.  As we're adding more features, and now with the trippled world size, I would expect the numbers to steadily climb.

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

Szyx

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 01:37:06 pm »
Nope, so far there is only one server. Since this game is free, im guessing that people dont try to play as often as they can to get their money's worth out of it, becuase they dont have to.

Plus as someone else stated, this being a Demo version of what the game will be, not as many people are interested. Two years ago, I was looking for a good MMORPG to play for free. This site came up and I wasnt interested. But now Ive come back, and Im hooked. It just may take a while before more players join in on the fun.

And also, if you think about it, wouldnt more players on at once slow up the sytem altogether? I know Im sounding greedy, but until more servers are put up, I think its fine the way it is.  :flowers:
I am a unique warrior. I travel through time and space, learning all that I can. I go by many names; stories have told of me by using the names of Szyx, Xen, and Eco. Befriend me or not, it doesn't matter...

sesmi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 04:19:24 pm »
I think we should all donate money so talad can get one of those über server that hols 10,000 people and do a mass ad campain so even that server is almost always almost full. and of course get more devs to make the world expand like a balloon.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 04:28:00 pm »
I think we will aim for more devs first and 10,000 players second :} Such a mass is definitely not going to stick around in a game this incomplete.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 03:36:08 am »
"Why isnt is so "Massive"". Best line evar.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 11:34:35 pm »
aslo..if youre an enkidukai youre gonna be in oja(or oja veda, akkaio whatever) and not many people stay there for very long

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

Akaye

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Thread head that loves Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 12:27:47 pm »
Quote from: DaveG
We hit 190 for a bit yesterday.

:o Holy kitty crud! I haven't seen it hit that ever. I think the most I have seen online is around 160.

Welcome to planeshift Colin. As you can see it is a very small community. There is only one server. It all depends on what you consider big and small for a map. I used to think Planeshift was small but then we had an client update and now it isn't so small. Then again if you are coming from playing a game that was huge, the planeshift map might seem tiny. Anyway have fun and don't forget to read the players guide.  /me points to her signature location.

Zorbels: PS character
Links for Newbies:
Players Guide RP Guide PS Settings

peeg

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 12:34:24 pm »
For some minutes we hit the "200-guys-online"-Mark yesterday!
Yay!
[ PSde ] - Join the german community!
Peeg Chaoswind - Mentor in The Rangers Of Yliakum