Author Topic: Raid On Hydlaa  (Read 756 times)

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Raid On Hydlaa
« on: September 03, 2006, 10:12:15 pm »
During the night a poster was posted on the wall of the tavern saying the following" Give us 1,000,000 trias or pay with your lives!". Its ben to long and the citizens of Hydlaa decided it was time to stand up. They removed the poster and replaced it with a sing up sheet for a militia to fight the bandits.

I need the following a group of bandits and a group of militia *preferably whole guilds*
Please leave your name or guild name. And once theres enough ill plan and it let you indivualy know i want it to be a surprise to the others to simulate realism.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:01:23 am by Colinb »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Raid On Hydlaa
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:47:50 am »
[ What is a "Councel of Hydlaa"? Why would bandits want to attack a well-defended, guarded and fortified city, which is in fact the "capitol" of Yliakum? ]
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 07:00:59 am »
Well delete it.... Ill think up somthing else before somone flames me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:03:22 am by Colinb »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:05:11 am »
I'm just asking questions I hoped you already have answers to. Things do need a bit of logic between them.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 07:17:08 am »
I got the idea from some other influences and thought up this. How about a massive mob of bandits decided to raid hydlaa but werent so bright to as this was the capital yliakum? I guess ill never be good at starting events.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:20:51 am by Colinb »

Einnol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Plakkem Hverrjanor Guild
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:25:46 am »
Don't get discouraged.  Conceiving, planning, and running a good event is hard.  If it is something that you are passionate about doing, keep trying.  Take your time to think of as many details as possible.  Read thru the settings in the Players Guide (three or four times if you want...there is no rush).  Try to think of something a bit original that fits the settings as well as something that your character would be involved it.  The details are what really brings the event to life tho.  Also, some of the best events happen after some time of building up in the background.  Rather than something that just 'happens' suddenly for no apparent reason, try thinking of smaller occurences that build up to it.

Hope these thoughts help.  Good luck.

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 10:09:44 am »
Thanks for your advice I guess i got some reading to do today.

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 05:14:52 pm »
If you want to roleplay something evil like raiding\robbing and Idea might be to get a group of evil chars together hide on the side of oja or bd road and then when you see a victim, try to "pounce" on them and "rob" them :) You could advance on that more by saying there are people who are tracking you down and trying to get you "arrested", so your then doing two things:

1)trying to rob people
2)avoid being caught
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 06:08:00 pm »
I doubt bandits are just going to walk up to the Hydlaa guards and say "I'm a bandit." They would probably sneak into the city as a normal citizen, then form a small group and go to the central plaza and maybe mug them or something. I don't know.