Author Topic: Hybrid Races?  (Read 533 times)

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Hybrid Races?
« on: July 24, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »
I am not sure if it is me but I am starting to notice players claiming to be a mix of two races, for example Ylian and Ynnwn. I am not sure if this is possible since in modern day society with genetics and all it would be impossible for a cow and a chicken to have offspring. But then again this is Planeshift. Would anyone be able to verify if this is possible or not?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:50:35 pm by Colinb »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Hybrid Races?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 08:52:46 pm »
For common genetic rules, any half-breed will have a prevailing race that will determine its physical traits. For this reason, the main races are relatively pure. In other words, it can't happen that the races merge together forming a single mixed race: if someone has a lemur father and an elf mother, he will belong to one race or to the other.

:thumbup:

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 08:55:38 pm »
Ah thanks... Happend to know a player in my guild that was a Enkidukai married to a Dermorian and claimed to have a offspring that was Enkidukai. Well thanks again.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:17:26 pm »
Check the books in the library. There is one there that addresses this very topic.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 05:25:36 pm »
But Ynnwns can't reproduce with anything but Dermorians, Diabolis, or themselves. So that example wouldn't really work out, Colinb.

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:07:29 pm »
Hehe just trying to point out what I am trying to say  :P