Author Topic: Dev Q&A February 28th 2021  (Read 502 times)

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Dev Q&A February 28th 2021
« on: March 06, 2021, 02:06:19 pm »
Here is the log of the Feb. 28th Developer Q&A.

Talad(Leader/Founder)
Eonwind(Rules)
Tuathanach(Rules)
Zunna (Rules/Settings)
Mordaan (Settings)
Venalan (Settings Lead)
Uadjet(GM Lead)
Emaline (GM Team)
Zweitholou (Art)

Uadjet says: Hello and welcome to the Developer's Q&A! This is an out-of-character meeting where you can hear about the development of the game and ask the Dev and GM teams any questions you might have. If you do have any questions, please line up at the lecterns in front of the stage.
Uadjet says: On the dais today is Mordaan, of the Settings Team...
Uadjet says: And me, of the GM team.
Stalfos says: And the Derghir menace?
Uadjet says: Also that.
Migg says: and the lighting service
Uadjet says: Oh, and Zwei, of the art team!
Uadjet says: And Venalan, of the Settings team!
Uadjet says: Okay, nice full stage today.
Migg says: Is it me, or does venalan look younger today?
Stalfos says: Must be the holy helm
Stalfos says: or lack of helm
Uadjet says: As I said in my shortcutted spiel, Please line up at the lecterns in front of the stage. Otherwise, I'm going to see if the Devs have anything to report.
Anysu says: I have seldom seen Venalan here, so I cannot answer thaat
Damola says: Kga, Gova!
Gova says: Kga, Damola!
Gonger says: Everybody is speechless?
Damola ponders "Seems so…"
Zweitholou says: I can give a quick art update!
Thosor sneezes
Stalfos says: Wherefore art though art update
Damola smiles "I would have a question…"
Stalfos says: no
Zweitholou says: Damola feel free to ask your question first however
Stalfos says: no wait, yes
Damola grins "Yes, Stalfos."
Stalfos says: Purple
Stalfos says: or maybe Orange
Damola says: I am a late with PS Unreal testing… – Purple or orange no problem for Damola :) – but meanwhile I have a laptop which is capable of Vulkan graphics. I do have PS Unreal 0.7.8 installed. I can start it. Connect to the server, I briefly see the screen with Damola as char and then its says "Connection to server lost"… is it just that it isn't not up currently? I tried two or three times today.
Stalfos says: Not always up, try early morning
Damola says: Once I was able to connect, it was with 0.7.7b still… however, Damola appeared in thin air and feel down and feel down… I was not able to move her.
Damola says: Early morning? Hmm, okay.
Zweitholou says: It's possible th eserver was down when you tried. I can check to see if it is up now
Damola says: Would love to run around in PS Unreal Yliakum and test things.
Damola says: That would be good, I can start the PS Unreal client while CS client is running
Stalfos says: seems like it is
Mordaan says: That should be a new feature there...a better way to tell when the server is up or not.
Damola puts a cookis in front of Youkithegreat
Stalfos says: Cities are similar, land between them completely different
Damola says: *cookie
Zweitholou says: I am getting a timeout currently
Damola says: I seem to have about 20-30 fps when I put effects to medium… other settings do not seem to affect FPS very much.
Damola says: Ah okay…
Damola says: On some attempts I got that as well.
Stalfos says: It seemed to be up for a moment, now gone
Damola says: Maybe time to ask my employer whether they would host a test server as well.
Zweitholou says: I've asked Talad to check and see if it is up, will relay his feedback
Damola says: Thanks.
Damola says: Now, if no other question, I am keen to hear an update.
Zweitholou says: server should be restarting now
Damola says: Cool.
Zweitholou says: As for updates, on the art side we have a few.
Mordaan says: Nice, I haven't logged into PS Unreal in months...I can never time the server being up.
Zweitholou says: There is a new robe for stonehammer women that will be in the next psunreal update
Stalfos says: Seems to be up before 8am GMT
Zweitholou says: The issue with the stonehammer male squatting all the time should be fixed
Damola says: Still getting connection timed out, will try later.
Damola says: Nice for the robe.
Zweitholou says: along with a few improvements to the hunched posture of characters, and Talad will soon be including a different posture between male and female characters to better match what we had before
Venalan says: problem is that when the server is up it is mainly for testing so it will be jumping up and down. right now were trying to get quests working
Venalan says: @Damola ^
Damola says: I see, thx Venalan
Stalfos says: MY quest? I seek the grail
Damola says: I bet I will just try every now and then.
Zweitholou says: For areas, I'm working on the bronze doors area more to try and wrap up that model and include a connection into stone labyrinth tunnels
Damola says: Guest for Stalfos?" Damola chuckles "Make it about chests"
Damola says: *Quest
Zweitholou says: And I have been working on texturing the lemur male and female models
Stalfos says: quest for Damola? Bring 10 Collision detection Bamboo shelves to the Iron Hand Temple
Mordaan says: Sweet! That means only...klyros female and ylian female before a full set?
Stalfos says: Is Diaboli done?
Mordaan says: yeah unless we're brining Diaboli back.
Damola grins "Or make it about cute Pterosaurs"
Uadjet grins. "I love that news!"
Stalfos says: This is good news indeed
Zweitholou says: The tricky part is that some of the existing models are quite old and low poly, so as we are trying to finish newer models at modern quality levels, we will also start improving old models
Uadjet says: I think Diaboli are... well, I find that situation confusing. I'm not entirely sure what the plan is, but I think it's to fill in the missing models of the currently available races first, before working on the Diaboli.
Stalfos says: Poly want a cracker
Mordaan says: Yep, agreed, Uadjet
Stalfos says: I kinda think it would be nice if people could again create diaboli, even if htey used Ynwyn models
Damola says: Yeah, I agree with completing existing races first.
Uadjet says: I've seen some sneak peaks of the Bronze Doors, and I'm sure you'll love it!
Damola says: But I also love to see Diaboli at some time.
Mordaan says: :o
Damola says: Gonger, have a question?
Gonger says: Greetings. When Damola just spoke of Guest, it triggered an thought... In the MUDs I used to play, there was a Guest character, with limited stats / skills, but a bit of everything, for people to just check things out quickly. Would that not also be an idea for PlaneShift?
Jilerel says: Have them be a decadent race that no new players can choose :x
Damola says: Great idea, Gonger.
Stalfos says: I regret not making an alt Diaboli before they were removed
Stalfos says: Yes, it has potential
Migg says: Is everyone still pondering this?
Venalan says: im not sure making something like that would be much different than just a ne character. if it is much higher level with more skills levels etc then making sure they dont break the game balance or be expliot able feel like it would be a pain
Anysu hums the sounds of slience.
Venalan says: i think this idea has been mentioned before, or ideas similar
Uadjet says: I think it would have to be set up so that they can't advance, or something.
Gonger nods at Uadjet.
Damola says: It should be in a way that it would not be suitable as a permanent char.
Gonger says: Or limited to a certain area... so everyboy can check out what it feels like a few things.
Migg says: it's not that hard to create a new character, is it?
Stalfos says: Yeah, if it started slighly higher and could advance that'd be too much
Stalfos says: Well, it took me a while to map all the effects of the differents choices to stats and skills
Damola says: I remember there is a quick way and a longer way to create a char. I also chose the longer way.
Hulla says: manny player simply dont understand what a mmorpg is it is not a ten hours game
Gonger says: True, Hulla.
Stalfos says: I remember some chose the shorter way so they could have pickpocketing skill before it was added, although there were afew ioptions in the longer way
Gonger says: Then they arrive in the Tutorial, discover that they actually have to READ things to play PlaneShift, and disappear again.
Stalfos says: TL;DR
Migg says: you don't per se, but you can't interact otherwise
Zweitholou says: We are reworking the tutorial to be a bit more engaging initially, so hopefully that will help bring people into it more comfortably and make the process of making a new character less daunting
Migg says: perhaps if they spawn next to one claw? he doesn't talk much
Damola says: Nice!
Migg says: joking
Migg says: that will be a new area, right?
Stalfos says: IF you start talking to One Claw about furniture, you can't shut him up again
Damola says: I remember there is a not quite so fair review of PS where the reviewer, I think it was a woman, claimed PS is so different from other games… she could not wrap her head around it.
Stalfos says: IT is different to other games, part of it's charm
Gonger says: Where did you read that, Damola?
Damola says: Yes, Stalfos.
Damola says: Was on Youtube, Gonger.
Stalfos says: Down with the googletarchy
Gonger says: I will look for that review...
Zweitholou says: yes Migg, the tutorial will include new areas, but also use the existing area
Stalfos says: Let us leave negative reviews for this review
Gonger says: I remember some other review on youtube where the guy called the game "too English" *facepalm*
Stalfos says: It's Italian, but I guess there's no pizza so it's confusing
Damola says: https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=U0NwPcRNCJ0
Zweitholou says: a prospect is working on part of that new area currently
Migg says: Ah, so the old tutorial area will remain, nice!
Damola says: "The Hardest MMORPG You've Probably Never Heard Of!? – PlaneShift"
Migg says: will the quests there also persist?
Damola says: I agree with you Stalfos.
Zweitholou says: I think the NPC's will still be there, but the quests will likely be adapted to flow with the additions before them
Migg says: invidious snopyta?
Damola says: PS should not be the same as other games… However making it easier for new players to engage with, *without* compromizing on what makes PlaneShift PlaneShift is still a good idea.
Damola says: Migg, instance of an privacy protectin Youtube proxy.
Migg says: Ah, didn't know that one
Thosor says: How about randomizing the plants and items in UReal so the spoilers will have to write nwew books all over.
Gonger says: Damola, there is already a short official answer
Damola says: There are tons of instances, snopyta.org often works best, however it can fail at times. See also Firefox addon Privacy Redirect
Damola says: Official answer?
Gonger says: There is a short comment from the PlaneShift channel
Gonger says: I quote: "Loved it! We are making a new version now! Will it still be the hardest MMO?"
Damola says: Ah okay.
Damola says: I do not say that I agree with the review… however, it may have some valuable feedback.
Hulla says: on the past you can found some web thing for helping to found new player like the web banner now you have some new way but in ps nobody make twitch live in game
Stalfos says: I think this reviewer is better suited to solitaire
Damola says: :)
Gonger says: There are many reviews on youtube and elsewhere that are flawed from the start because the reviewers do not really understand what PS is all about...
Damola says: Hmmm, well about focus, it was about your Q with guest char? Anything more to say about that? Otherwise I'd like to continue to hear about updates
Mordaan says: Often comes down to expectations.
Hulla says: but "in other hand " i clearely remenber my first days in ps a time where i die when i hurt a simple wall
Stalfos says: UE seems back up
Stalfos says: and gone again
Zweitholou says: That was all of my updates
Zweitholou says: Talad has been working on porting familiars into unreal lately
Damola says: Okay thanks, Zweitholou
Stalfos says: Mounts for faster travel, would make tesing easier
Damola says: Hehe, we disturbed him a bit yesterday.
Uadjet says: Yes! He spawned the first pet in PSU the other day!
Migg says: wow!
Migg says: was Levrus around to see?
Stalfos says: Yulbar? Groffel? Rivnak?
Hulla says: and not only he have a Master plan for pet they can do mutch mutch more than in this ps
Damola says: Was able to connect but then connection lost again
Uadjet says: It's a groffel.
Anysu says: I saw that first pet in the stream.
Stalfos says: I hear Groffel toes can grant wishes
Uadjet says: That's why he was in legacy yesterday, at the end of the event. He was testing something with pets, and just happened to be where the event was finishing up.
Uadjet says: But yes, there are definitely plans to expand the use of pets.
Stalfos says: Like being able to improve them with training?
Hulla says: yes
Anysu says: cool
Damola says: Yeah, would be nice. It seems to be prepared in CS based PS already, just not completely implemented so far
Hulla says: with skills special ability and more
Migg says: pets even have a spells page, wonder what the port will bring!
Thosor says: a pet consumer would be handy for cleanup after banquest.
Uadjet says: Yes, improving pets is part of the plan. And customization.
Damola says: Nice.
Thosor says: descented...
Stalfos says: per Lawar could be a portable furnace
Zarre says: Always love to hear that word being used: customization. :-)
Gonger says: I think right now we are not talking about a simple port, but a new version at the same time...
Stalfos says: I know, jumping from 6.7 to 7.8
Damola says: AH, there is an official video about PS Unreal 0.7.8
Venalan says: Talad is making new things as he goes, so most of it will not be as polished as this game for a significant amount of time
Uadjet says: Delver looks great, though.
Zweitholou says: Have to hop off, but thanks everyone for coming and for your continued support!
Gonger says: Thanks for your work!
Damola says: Thanks for the updastes Zweitholou
Stalfos says: Hop off? You can fly
Mordaan says: Thanks, Zweitholou
Zarre says: Thank you too Zweeitholou o/
Stalfos says: \o
Migg says: Thanks Zweitholou !
Zarre says: er *Zweitholou
Hulla says: thank you to
Uadjet says: I think we've covered everything, so let's bring the meeting to a close.
Uadjet says: Thank you all for coming, and well see you again in two weeks!
Stalfos says: Thanks devs/gms
Jilerel says: Thanks
Anysu says: THank you all for whtyou do
Gonger says: Thank you all.
Migg says: Thanks for the updates and all the hard work!
Thosor says: thanks
Damola says: Okay.
Damola says: Thank you all.
Anysu says: Thank you all for what you do
Damola says: I will keep trying to connect to PS Unreal Test server.
Zarre bows to show respect to all volunteers here. "Farewell and until next time be well."
Uadjet says: I think the test server is going to be going up and down like a yo-yo for a bit, while they test things with quests.
Migg says: Ah, quests have their ups and downs then
Migg says: well, bye all, have a good week!
Hulla says: /pet follow
Hulla says: / pet follow
Hulla says: / pet summon
>Udjo has successfully targeted Thosor Riereri.
Uadjet says: Oops.
Uadjet says: I didnt' think that would work.
Anysu says: shudders when GM says oops
Zarre laughs
Thosor reties his shoelace...
Uadjet says: Sorry about that!
Anysu says: Well at least I did not fall from a distance and end up in the DR like a certain Ylian character.
Anysu says: I have a question; Will there still be a Rivnek quest in UE
Uadjet says: I think leaving all of the players smelling like dung was worse. :D
Uadjet says: I think it will be the same quest.
Uadjet says: Can't think of any particular reason they would change it.
Anysu says: Okay. Thanks
Anysu says: Oh and not just dung... wet dung. lol
Uadjet says: Heheh!
Anysu chuckles
Anysu says: Okay, Bye
Uadjet says: Oh, Venalan just got some quests working!
Uadjet says: Nice!