Author Topic: What's Up?  (Read 490 times)

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
What's Up?
« on: June 19, 2013, 06:29:22 am »
Because I'm still banned...... Just want to know what's up in PS. Or in general.

Nobody asked to hear, but I'm back with my family for the summer, and it sucks.

Somebody reply or I'll friggin kill myself.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:00:06 am »
New server. New NPC AI. Old player complaints. Old trolls.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:59:11 pm »
Because I'm still banned...... Just want to know what's up in PS. Or in general.

Nobody asked to hear, but I'm back with my family for the summer, and it sucks.

Somebody reply or I'll friggin kill myself.

Youtube! Youtube! Youtube!

seriously... careful what you say online... big brother is listening and recording....  :-X

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 01:08:30 pm »
hey sarras!

you should really learn to love and appreciate yer parents and all they have done fer you. they gave you the gift of life, raised and provided fer you the best they knew how. you don't have to agree with them, but love them!

here's some real world magick fer you, a healing talisman i'm werking on:

front

back
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 01:53:26 pm »
Nova looks around for the Like button on Aramara's posting yet can't find one.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 04:24:01 pm »
Out of curiosity: Why have you been banned, and for how long?

Do not reply if you consider this to be too personal a question. I could understand that.

Gonger

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 08:40:09 pm »

Volki is a victim of the banhammer. She means well, but somehow keeps getting whacked by it. New nickname for Volki -  "MOLE"  :)    ... as in "Whack-a-mole" 

Out of curiosity... what language is that writing in? Is that Hebrew?

Pierre

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 11:43:14 pm »
Sarras, hang in there, soldier on, the summer will probably feel eternal but it is over in a couple of months, give or take  :sweatdrop:

Ara, you are a super nice talented fenki but you have no idea what Volki-ki-ki-ki's parents are like - and without knowing that, it is misguided at best and quite destructive at worst to suggest she feel a certain way towards them. 

If you've ever worked with kids who struggle to believe in their own self-worth and right just to exist, because of how they were treated by parents (either cruel or negligent or some combination thereof), then you would know it can be very damaging to encourage them to pretend that their parents love them and support them.  Because sometimes the truth is that parents just don't, regardless of what they might tell themselves (try the book "for your own good" by Alice Miller, or actually, for Sarras now, not Ara, try an older version of "the drama of the gifted child" by Alice Miller, she's awesome and while not always correct, she puts her finger on the truth of the problem of destructive parenting and sensitive kids).  Even Jesus knew that sometimes you have to throw over your family in order to grow up and thrive.  It's probably a bad idea to bring up Jesus, but anyway he's one of the historical figures who I think is pretty awesome at times (kicking over tables, riding a donkey around Jerusalem, washing the feet of poor people, telling stories, trying to do the right thing, etc. - by the way, Jesus's parents thought he was divine, and with that kind of treatment, it seems you can go pretty far.  I better hush up now).

Anyway, cheers guys  :love:

Edit:  here's a link, I like the older version better, but the new version is good too, just have to deal with an introduction that talks about problems with psychoanalysis, which has very good points and also flaws: 
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=10245481112&searchurl=sts%3Dt%26tn%3Ddrama%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bgifted%2Bchild

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »
hebrew and sanskrit

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 03:03:35 pm »
i am not sarras's psychotherapist nor will i pretend to be, but i am her friend and we have had many lengthy conversations about her parents and her relationship with them.

but thanks anyways.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 12:48:06 am »
Why not just go with English... wouldn't that be easier?

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 08:31:44 am »
You're missing the point, Riggy. It's not about writing in English. It's about sending a message.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 11:16:36 am »
some languages are just rooted in magick. hebrew is the language of kabbalah, sanskrit the language of kundalini yoga, the two systems from which the symbols alchemized are derived.

i don't see how writing in one language can be any easier than any other, but many of my sources do advise against working with language symbols (words) when the meaning is unknown. here i know the meanings of the symbols, which is why i chose them for the specific desired effect. diligence and mindfulness are necessary when doing this sort of work.

i would use english if composing words of power (a prayer, blessing, affirmation, etc.) for since it is my native tongue i can be more accurate and precise with meaning and intention.

this, however, is a visual work. the visual symbols used here are old, very old. being so ancient, they contain much more information. they are capable of handling a greater amount of energy in the process of transmutation. basically, they tend toward a different sort of grammar, one of visual arrangement. i could, if you wish, translate this into english (the written word) for you, but that would require a lengthier post.

...but hey, i've got the day off.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:29:45 am by Aramara Meibi »

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 04:59:05 pm »
Also, it looks more mystical if most people don't know what it says ;D
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 12:53:32 am »
some languages are just rooted in magick. hebrew is the language of kabbalah, sanskrit the language of kundalini yoga, the two systems from which the symbols alchemized are derived.

i don't see how writing in one language can be any easier than any other, but many of my sources do advise against working with language symbols (words) when the meaning is unknown. here i know the meanings of the symbols, which is why i chose them for the specific desired effect. diligence and mindfulness are necessary when doing this sort of work.

i would use english if composing words of power (a prayer, blessing, affirmation, etc.) for since it is my native tongue i can be more accurate and precise with meaning and intention.

this, however, is a visual work. the visual symbols used here are old, very old. being so ancient, they contain much more information. they are capable of handling a greater amount of energy in the process of transmutation. basically, they tend toward a different sort of grammar, one of visual arrangement. i could, if you wish, translate this into english (the written word) for you, but that would require a lengthier post.

...but hey, i've got the day off.

Nah, no need to translate. It just always struck me as odd that Hebrew and other such languages are often used in such things.

You're missing the point, Riggy. It's not about writing in English. It's about sending a message.

Sending a message? To whom? Presumably to someone who understands Hebrew and Sanskrit?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:55:44 am by Rigwyn »