Author Topic: Why is homosex marriage disallowed?  (Read 617 times)

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Why is homosex marriage disallowed?
« on: December 14, 2014, 05:19:29 am »
Hi, I'm making a separate thread to Mishka's to draw more attention to this particular topic. I don't have a complaint, as I am personally ambivalent to whether or not homosexual marriage should be allowed. However, if it isn't to be allowed, then there should be an IC reason for it. Considering that PlaneShift is a roleplaying game and the average age of the playerbase, I would think this would be a mature enough environment to flesh out the reasoning for why homosexual marriage is not allowed in Yliakum. Or if this is even the case, and it's not simply outdated mechanics.

This isn't a thread to argue why it should or shouldn't be allowed, but instead why is it not allowed currently.

I also believe that if the reasoning is made more clear and if the developers convey their intentions, we might be able to better understand and roleplay the world our characters live in. This might answer some questions such as, "Is there a stigma associated with homosexual behavior?" or "Is a marriage strictly a union between two beings which can procreate?" What if marriage is viewed as something different in Yliakum?
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Why is homosex marriage disallowed?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 07:44:50 am »
Your characters are magically prevented from thinking about homosex by the gods. As the thought never occurs, there is no such thing in game.

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 07:48:33 am »
Why can kran get married? It goes against their apparent nature.

What purpose does marriage even serve?

Do you worship the Black Flame, you want to cause such discord? :P

"And he can see no reason because there are no reasons,
What reason is there to die-ie-ie!"

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:02:39 am »
Brief technical answer: Because of the game design. There is code which checks for ((different gender) or (race is Kran)).

Beyond this, I hear Aerosmith "Living on the Edge" in my mind:

Again and again and again and again...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:04:23 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty