Author Topic: Baths/Bathhouses  (Read 919 times)

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Baths/Bathhouses
« on: February 02, 2015, 05:56:53 pm »
delet

also how ironic that the notorious ERPer said my idea sucked
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 03:01:22 pm by Volki »
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Baths/Bathhouses
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 06:52:20 pm »
I think a bathhouse would be fun, but you have to consider historically how bath houses have been utilized. Besides the earliest concepts in ancient Greece, the need to bathe, (separate quarters for men, women and slaves and for those with more coinage, all sorts of spa luxuries,)  the Romans took it to a whole new level of decadence with sports facilities, food and entertainment, and some of these decadence's are not so pg friendly. Also the bathhouse venue in modern times, was/is definitely not pg friendly, there is a sleazy element conjured in the very word bathhouse because of this modern venue. We have taken the early historical concept and it now flourishes as the "Spa." Just some thoughts.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 12:42:03 am »
This game isn't PG. It has no rating. lol

I thought all of that was implied when I said bathhouses. Spas are just the same. We have a tavern and bedrooms. Imagine all the debauchery that already occurs in Kada's. If the possibility of two players doing inappropriate things together is enough to not consider an idea, then the whole game should be scrapped.

Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 10:14:27 am »
Psht, there has never been any debauchery or violence in Kada's.

I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 02:25:17 pm »
Maybe you should dream big go for a whole district, and add a bordello on the same street as the bathhouse with a madame npc?  :P

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 02:32:59 pm »
Maybe you should dream big go for a whole district, and add a bordello on the same street as the bathhouse with a madame npc?  :P

There goes the PG-13 setting. What's worse is that there would be people volunteering to work there.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 04:24:18 pm »
Well, if it was classy :devil:

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 05:36:48 pm »

I think you have been severely misled as to what actually occurred in baths. I'm obviously not suggesting we have modern gay bathhouses which are designated for one purpose only.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 06:08:05 pm »
We need more obese characters

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 11:25:32 pm »
Romans were quite notorious for everything having a price, and men's bathhouses, were often frequented by the local Aquirii "water boys" and lower class female prostitutes. In Rome, married women had very little rights and would be nowhere near a mens bathhouse unless they were for sale or slaves. The Ancient Greeks also liked to utilize there bathhouses for some unadulterated fun too. Both Romans and Greeks were more open about homosexuality and mens bathhouses were most likely ancient places to "cruise" which is why it was emulated in modern times in gay communities. I would most definitely assume that adding a bathhouse to a role play game would be precisely used for the opposite of getting clean. I mean all you had to say was bathhouse to me and look where my head went. lol.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 09:22:15 am »
And you weren't the only one  :D

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 04:36:04 pm »
@Siteya - You do realize non-sexual activities occurred there, right? And that not every Roman was a homosexual? Are you a Puritan? And lol at "Romans and Greeks were more open about homosexuality". Than us? They definitely were not. I know you are a lewd person, but please don't sully this thread with it. Once again, the tavern's beds. Things happen on them.

married women had very little rights and would be nowhere near a mens bathhouse

Then I suppose we should also take weapons and property from all the female characters. There are also plenty of examples where men and women bathed together throughout history, which obviously led to sexual activity, but so did segregation of the sexes. It's almost like humans are slave to their biology - gasp!

The idea for baths was to 1) give people a place to roleplay, 2) give something that artists in the community can make, 3) expand the culture of the cities which would adopt baths.

If you're going to disagree with this suggestion, do so in a way that doesn't require you to make logical fallacies.

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 05:37:54 pm »
Lolwut.

Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 07:06:39 pm »
Volki I am not being lewd, nor trying to sully this thread. I am stating historical facts in a playful yet discreet manner and mentioning what I thought was obvious. I apologize if I have upset you. I was not even sure if you were joking when it was first posted and that you were not being lewd. The game actually does have a pg13 rating, which I respect and uphold. I don't think having a bathhouse would be appropriate and might be less accurately correct for a medieval setting, as people began to bath, or wash up (more likely) privately, and wooden tubs began to be utilized by the wealthy. Also depending on time & geography bathhouses could have been seen as unclean and morally wrong as a more severe puritanical mindset swept through Europe with the plague. I also think that it would be giving a green signal for predators, which I definitely think is not worth it. I hope that helps you understand my position better, with no jest or "lewd" commentary, which I am really not sure how you come to label me as such when sarcastic might have been a better choice.

http://www.medievalists.net/2013/04/13/did-people-in-the-middle-ages-take-baths/

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 07:14:09 pm »
'Teya, you're being had I think ;)

I wouldn't sweat it.
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch