Author Topic: Help wanted!  (Read 497 times)

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
Help wanted!
« on: September 04, 2017, 12:11:52 am »
So the hospital was robbed and a lot of items and books were taken that were donated over time and written by players. The food and potions, albeit low to rob from a charity hospital, can be easily replaced.

What can not be easily replaced are the books and signs made by players. Luckily a few of them had been saved by other players and we were able to restore those and lock them down, though there are still some books and signs that are missing.

If you have any of the items listed below because you donated them once or had a copy for whatever reason and are able to donate them, please let us know so we can restore them and have them locked down. Thanks!

The following books and maps are still missing:

• Do Not Drink Spirits! (map, player made sign)
  • Chopper Man (book, collaboratively written by players)
  • Klyros - The Comming (book, player written)
  • The Three Laws of Herbalism (book, player written)
  • On the Hazards of Potion Mixing (book, GM event prop)
  • The End of Martin the Ugly (book, player written)
  • Martin The Masked's First Step (book, player written)

If you want to donate any items to the hospital to help with their loss I suggest contacting any member of the healers’ council.

Anysu, Sacho, and Fesara are a few members that I can think of off the top of my head that are active and would take the donations and see to it that we got them locked down. Ravynne has been supplying food to the hospital and is also active, so contacting her about donations to the hospital is an option as well.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Help wanted!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 01:17:36 am »
I have Chopper Man. Written by Sarras and some kids (Ed, Callim, and Xynar).

Code: [Select]
Once upon a time, there was a Chopper man preparing his blades. He had to go chop up some Nuians. The man's name was Ordion.

He went out with this dagger to attack the Nuians. They were nasty critters that ate his crops. They burrowed into the dirt with long, sharp little claws. If he didn't deal with the Nuians, he wouldn't have enough stock to survive Novari.

Ordion travelled across the ruined fields toward where he believed to be the source of the Nuians. Just behind a rise in the landscape there was some movement. Holding his dagger at the ready, Ordion slowly walked up the rise, prepared to defend himself if a Nuian leaped at him.

Coming to the top of the rise, Ordion raised his dagger. Just as his dagger was poised to strike, before him a small and bony Nuian crawled, rolling on the ground in agony. Beyond the sickly Nuian, there were more, each of them reaching out toward Ordion as if pleading for mercy.

Ordion lowered his dagger and bent down to help the poor little Nuian, but just then, the nearest sneared and leaped at his neck!

It seemed that the Nuians had plotted a trap for Ordion. But as the creature leaped for him, he spun and slashed at it, sending it limping and whimpering away with its spindly tail tucked between its legs. The others rose to their feet and began chattering, their beady eyes fixed on him as they came closer as one.

Hand trembling slightly as he held out his blade, Ordion looked over the many Nuians to count their numbers. It seemed as if a whole tribe of them were coming after him. He backed away very slowly, wishing he had a longer blade than his dagger. He knew, however that he had to face the Nuians or face starvation.

At that moment, Ordion's Chopper instinct released power through his veins. He jolted as his muscles and bones grew to unnatural size, his skin stretched over sinew and vein. His size doubled, his hair set ablaze with fury, and his eyes glared with powerful magic.

Ordion tossed back his head with a laugh. "Puny Nuians," he cried. "I shall squish you all to
death!"

The Nuians cried in terror as they began to
flee!

Ordion stormed through the field, crushing and slashing whatever Nuians he could get his hands on. They ran off into the distance whimpering, and he stood at the top of the hill, raising his dagger over his head in triumph.

The danger having ran away, Ordion slowly returned to his normal size. Dagger still in hand, he looked over the field and the Nuians lying limp upon it. He searched for signs of crops, still growing, that might provide food for him during the coming cold.

At first Ordion's search was fruitless, until he searched the ground beneath the Nuian corpses. Their blood had seeped through the earth, and from the blood of each slain Nuian sprung fast-growing sprouts. It was almost supernatural...

Ordion smiled, pleased with his crops. He walked up the hill to his house, where, little did he know, the Nuians were waiting. Just as he opened the door, he was beset upon by hundreds of Nuians. They bit and bit until Ordion was naught but a ghost.

However, Ordion had been exposed to the Nuian blood. To the dismay of the critters, their stomachs burst open, releasing Ordion's flesh. The ghost of the Chopper picked up each piece and painstakingly put himself back together.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 04:11:39 am »
I will have to look in the DeFaye library. It's pretty extensive. The Do Not Drink Spirits sign was made by me and I should have a copy somewhere.

I'll take a look and contact them in game.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 08:37:15 am »
You guys are amazing! I thought this was a long shot but seems it was worth it! Thanks!
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Aeghiss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Hopefully my English grammar is flawless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 02:04:06 pm »
In case a copy of The Three Laws of Herbalism is still needed, we Knowledge Seekers have a copy in our inner library.

This remind me that some books still wait for being reviewed... Whoops.

Aeghiss promises he will do it ASAP.

I'm afraid I'm quite busy with the start of my school year, though... ^^"
Aeghiss Rubinhertz, Ynnwn student at the University of Yliakum.
Melodria Palir, Enkidukai would-be Graalahkam-maarhe.

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 10:21:56 pm »
Thanks to many of you wonderful players we have restored all of the books and fliers that were taken! You guys rock!  \\o//

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 04:00:17 am »
So...is the hospital still taking book donations?

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 03:56:58 pm »
We have all the ones listed. Feel free to look around and if you see one that you feel might belong we would be happy to lock it down and add it to their collection.