Poll

What should we do with the auction channel tab?

Get rid of it, no one uses it anyways.
2 (16.7%)
Make its reach global so it acts just like gossip and reaches all zones.
8 (66.7%)
Keep it more IC the way it is now and leave it alone. (Where it reaches like a shout.)
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: July 02, 2017, 11:47:48 pm

Author Topic: Auction Channel  (Read 342 times)

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
Auction Channel
« on: June 25, 2017, 11:47:48 pm »
As requested by Talad I'm opening a poll to discuss this to see what the players want.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Auction Channel
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 01:32:29 am »
Pro Globalization ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

netforce10

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 02:57:59 am »
If it will be globalized then it should also be repurposed to a general announcement channel. Currently the way I see its purpose as a way so have an IC auction in a seperate channel from Main. If you globalize it then that option doesn't work anymore because anyone anywhere can reply, but it could then function as a flock of groffels for IC announcements/invitations or for OOC coordination/etc.. If those things are included in its intended use and made clear as such then I would say go for it, otherwise the current localized auction tab has more potential.
Larili Soriol

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:42:17 am »
Last chance to get your voice heard! Voting ends soon!
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 12:33:28 pm »
This poll made me think of what the auction channel is, and what it could become, should it need to change. The way I see it, a localized auction channel the way it is now has very limited use. In general people prefer to advertise their marketing activities in gossip. And for those who would still want a channel with shout reach, just shouting would fulfill the same purpose, and in a manner that is a lot more IC than using a separate channel.

With that in view, I believe auction's reach should be made global but kept separate from gossip. Gossip often hosts diverse discussions, more often than not unrelated to the game. The auction channel will help keep marketing announcements separate and more prominent. This will serve both OOC purposes and IC purposes best in my view: IC it could be made to look like a flood of groffels roaming the streets, leaving notes at every doorstep and approaching every passer-by.

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Re: Auction Channel — flocks of groffels?
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 06:09:15 am »
With the UE version, are there any plans to completely implement all but OOC chat as messages carried by groffels or the like?   \\o//
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 07:17:40 am »
I know nothing about that.

The poll however is over. I will be sure the devs see the results and take what you guys want into consideration, but ultimately the decision is up to them.