Author Topic: RP Not Required?  (Read 2354 times)

netforce10

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: RP Not Required?
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 04:02:57 am »
If there's someone running around haphazardly then you can comment on that. If someone is just talking instead of RPing then that's fine, you're just talking after all, if someone mentions OOC terms, just have your character wonder what they mean and then say something "Hmm npcs? never heard of that do you maybe mean the townspeople?" or things like that. It's better to react to people than to plainly ignore what they say, I think. unless it is their first time ofcourse, then an OOC explanation seems best?
Larili Soriol

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 04:19:12 am »
Or, rather than just pretending noone is OOC, just report the player.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 08:50:33 am »
Burn the witch!  :devil:

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2017, 07:28:11 pm »
If it's a noob, guide them. Better than having the GMs punish someone for being OOC on a game with rules that are hard to find or understand.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2017, 01:41:25 pm »
Yeah, of course.  Especially for those who are not too blatant with their OOCness — because everything I do in PS is something which I'd consider to be IC, I used to simply do what I do and hope that others would come along. 
However, there are also a few people who simply don't talk.  Like this one person who asked Gedundk to trade, ex nihilo, and wouldn't respond to my /pst later.  Come on:  even if you don't speak the same language as my messages, you can at least acknowledge me.

This is the manner of OOCness which you can easily include in your RP: 
Hey, I need to rank up in my Trapeze skill.  Can you help me?

The stuff which cannot be included — e.g.
Oh, wow, last night's episode of Wacky Buckaroo Wallaby was outrageous!
— is more problematic.  Restricting conversation modes would help there — and also allow NPCs to participate in conversations more easily, — but would also, of course, require all verbatim talk to occur in a chat client operating alongside the RP world proper.

Leastways, that's one way to do it.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn