Author Topic: A whole bunch of errors  (Read 452 times)

Phosphus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
A whole bunch of errors
« on: December 24, 2004, 12:26:55 pm »
Current errors all encountered by me:

- no support for my keyboard, aka the \"@ problem\". Apparently people with a non-US keyboard where the @-sign is an altGr combination can\'t enter the @-sign

Solution:
*try ctrl-alt + the key you need
*try switching your keyboard profile to English - US
*edit the main .cfg file

- Menus aren\'t working, aka the \"there\'s no button problem\". Apparently alot of people have problems with the menus and most of them don\'t work. In my case I managed to get in the game, but had to skip almost every bit of the character creation part. After it crashed I wasn\'t able to log in again, due to the absence of any button after logging in.

- I can\'t move after entering a new level, aka the \"I\'m stuck problem\". Apparently after a spawn into a level you can get stuck and not be able to move anymore, I encountered this on entering the death realm, where I got stuck and was not the only one.

Solution:
*be patient, sometimes you get \"unstuck\" after a while
*/spawn still works and spawns you right back into Hydlaa

- The game spawns errors, aka the \"the game crashes every 5 minutes problem\". Apparently when you\'re pressing the wrong button, or examine something too much there\'s a chance of crashing. again this has been encountered by multiple people, if not all... My game crashed when closing a menu using the top-right \"x\" button

Solution:
*nothing yet, but I guess you have to be careful what to push and keep it at exploring at the moment

Other thoughts:

We really weren\'t waiting for CB to come out so soon. In my case I could\'ve waited for at least another 3 or 4 months if needed. Everything seems a little rushed to me. From the few things I managed to catch from the beta testers (who have done a splendid job apparently, since almost no, if not useless info leaked out to my ear. Grats to you guys/girls). On another note it would be cool to work on the environment settings a little, everything seems a little dark to me, but that\'s a minor nitpick.

Androgos

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 12:32:06 pm »
You\'re saying this is buggy?

Actually, this is very very stable and working client if you compare it with the one before the tests.

I can also anounce following bugs that are fixed but you don\'t have them until next update:

x Glyphs window is broken
x The fading on widgets isn\'t loaded correctly (Making it not fade)
x Agility and Endurance are switched in the skills window

Phosphus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 12:34:30 pm »
I\'m not saying it is buggy, but as far as I reckon it probably just went from unplayable to extra-buggy with a slim chance that might allow enough people to play to call it a beta :)

Thanks for confirming these other bugs, I\'ll take notice of them

ramlambmoo

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 06:26:31 am »
Originally posted by Androgos
You\'re saying this is buggy?

Actually, this is very very stable and working client if you compare it with the one before the tests.

I can also anounce following bugs that are fixed but you don\'t have them until next update:

x Glyphs window is broken
x The fading on widgets isn\'t loaded correctly (Making it not fade)
x Agility and Endurance are switched in the skills window

does that mean we have to wait for a new update for the glyphs to work, or that we have to download the update now?

Nikolia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 08:21:32 pm »
I would definatly not say Crystal Blue is stable
I cannot even play the game for more then 5 mins without
it crashing and then giving me some error I spent all morning
downloading it and I have played it for less the ... hmm 15 mins