Author Topic: Linkdead problem  (Read 531 times)

Sahkmeth

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Linkdead problem
« on: January 13, 2005, 02:18:27 pm »
ok the thing is i log in, the game loads and when the progression bar ends it\'s takes an eternity to start the game and after a while out comes a message that says
\"you are linkdead, if you have this problem often please report it!\"

so like a good boy i\'m reporting it, i only got one chance to play the game and when i got into the transporter it crashed and i got the first \"linkdead\" message

Please help me :)

Ingame name: Sahkmeth Bastet
If Somehow God Got Doomned To Live The Life He Has Inflicted On Men, He Would Kill Himself.

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 02:49:37 pm »
Originally posted by Sahkmeth
ok the thing is i log in, the game loads and when the progression bar ends it\'s takes an eternity to start the game and after a while out comes a message that says

so like a good boy i\'m reporting it, i only got one chance to play the game and when i got into the transporter it crashed and i got the first \"linkdead\" message

Does this happen all the time? i.e. did you retry it recently?

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

Sahkmeth

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 03:02:34 pm »
Originally posted by jorrit

Does this happen all the time? i.e. did you retry it recently?

Greetings,

Well i did try to play recently, like half an hour ago and it told me again that i was linkdead, what could this be??
If Somehow God Got Doomned To Live The Life He Has Inflicted On Men, He Would Kill Himself.

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 03:11:28 pm »
Well i did try to play recently, like half an hour ago and it told me again that i was linkdead, what could this be??

Do you have a firewall (like zonealarm) or similar?

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

Cirque

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 01:12:48 am »
I have one and get linkdead. Im assuming you mentioned firewalls because they cause a problem and you possibly have a solution. If so can you please post it.

Thanks.

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 02:08:45 am »
Originally posted by Cirque
I have one and get linkdead. Im assuming you mentioned firewalls because they cause a problem and you possibly have a solution. If so can you please post it.

Thanks.

Well you must make sure that your firewall isn\'t blocking port 7354 and that it allows UDP.

Greetings,

Slagle

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Same problem with me...
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 10:25:24 am »
i try to play and it says servers are up, but then it will make me go linkdead. i turn off my firewall and it still goes linkdead.... and once it goes linkdead i can go back in and it says servers are up...

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 10:31:40 am »
Originally posted by Slagle
i try to play and it says servers are up, but then it will make me go linkdead. i turn off my firewall and it still goes linkdead.... and once it goes linkdead i can go back in and it says servers are up...

That\'s because there is currently a big problem with the server. We\'re working on that.

Greetings,