Author Topic: Legends of Amicitia  (Read 839 times)

Kiramon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Legends of Amicitia
« on: August 07, 2005, 09:41:40 am »

?Citizens of Hydlaa, lend me your ear!? The Dermorian smiled satisfied that most of the people roaming the plaza had stopped to hear what he had to say. ?We are here to present this world, with a new guild. But first! Let?s introduce ourselves? as if timed the large Kran by his side stepped forward ?I am Charnak Pyrite, the Ancient in Legends of Amicitia?, he then took a step back and the Klyros on the other side stepped forward ?I am Thyrion Alzhaman, Stormchaser in Legends of Amicitia?. As with the Kran, the Klyros stepped back and the Dermorian stepped forward again ?and I am Giltanas Silvanni, the Silver hunter of the Legends of Amicita, as you already must have guessed our guild is called Legends of Amicitia. And we will now present its structure to you, after that we will be glad hear your comments and critics. And eventually those who are interested might apply for trial membership.?
With this done I will now go through the Basic facts, regarding the guild:

- Introduction -
In the beginning, there was Rangers of Yliakum. Led by Kiramon Baldesion, the guild?s goal was to gather all rangers throughout the lands of Yliakum to support each other on their eternal quest for power, wealth, knowledge, adventure and above all else fun and friendship. The Rangers never were many, but carried on hopefully that one day their numbers would increase.
Time flew by, but the Rangers of Yliakum were caught in the wheel of stagnation, and slowly, they drifted apart. Attempts were made to revive the guild, but in vain. Some of the Rangers never returned from their adventures; who knows what fate they had met, and no new members were found to fill the void. The remaining members had either given up the ways of a ranger, or otherwise reached the conclusion that the story of the Rangers was over. And so the Rangers of Yliakum were disbanded.
This was not the end. It was merely a transition.
If a sword is shattered, it can be reforged to a brand new blade. Thus, from the remains of the Rangers, a new guild was born. The idea was to form a circle of friends with infinite trust and loyalty, which should not be carelessly spared to just anyone. So the decision was that only the few who were chosen could enter this union, and become a part in the neverending story of friendship, companionship and unity, the story that is Legends of Amicitia.

Goals
We believe in friendship, and so our natural goal would be to establish a circle of friends. We also believe that each member should be allowed to have his/her own goals, just as long as it does not give the guild a bad reputation, or drags it into an unnecessary guild war, or goes directly against the foundation of the guild.

Ranks
The foundation of the guild is based on trust, loyalty and honor, we will be a small guild with only 9 members as our goal is to establish a circle of friends. Therefore we do not have any Ranks as such, but we do allow our members to choose a title, which they think will fit well with their character.

Alignment  
Our guild is non-aligned, this is because each of our members are allowed to have his/her own alignment. But also because, we are accepting all alignments into the guild.

Belief
Each member is allowed to worship any god they desire. But again, this is only as long as it does not give the guild a bad reputation, drags us into a guild war, or goes directly against the foundation of the guild.

- Rules -
We expect that all of the members of LoA will respect and follow the rules, without questioning them.
We also expect that if anyone finds that a member of LoA breaks any following rules, people will report him/her to us.

? 1. Guild Rules
? 1.1 Respect the other members of the guild.
? 1.2 Do not go against the rules of Planeshift, players who are caught cheating or hacking will be kicked from the guild permanently!
? 1.3 Be active, we do not want to become an inactive guild. If you are going on vacation or wont be able for play for a while do report it to another member or post it on the guild forum.
? 1.4 Do not betray any member of the guild or the guild itself (bad talking etc.).
? 1.5 Some things are classified to guild members only, and must not be shared with other players.
? 1.6 You may only join us with your main character, as long as we know the names of your alts you are welcome to have them. But you may not join other guilds than LoA.
? 1.7 You may join any organisation, as long as it doesn\'t have any bad affects on the guild.
? 1.8 Avoid bad behaviour such as Rasicm, Sexism, Harassment etc. or you will be kicked  permanently!
? 1.9 Do not swear neither in /say, /tell, /shout etc.
? 1.10 Communicate in English in public places.
? 1.11 Do not impersonate another player.
? 1.12 No armed weapons equipped, in character run public places (kada-el\'s etc.)
? 1.13 No acting like a newbie or noob (asking for tria, random challenging etc.)
? 1.14 When talking OOC (out of character) do it in forms [like this], OOC is allowed on all the chats except /say and /shout.
? 1.15 Respect others, as long as they respect you.

? 2. Forum Rules
? 2.1 Avoid bad behaviour such as Rasicm, Sexism, Harassment etc. or you will be kicked permanently!
? 2.2 Respect other members, even though they might have a different opinion.
? 2.3 Do not swear.
? 2.4 Post messages that are relevant to the game or interesting for the players.
? 2.5 All discussions not related to the game, will be posted in the off topic forum.

Visit our Website: Go to the site  
Forums: Go to the forums  
FAQ: Coming soon!

*Small note; much of the structure in LoA, has been inspired by other guilds, mostly the recently disbanded guild Ashes and few others.

\"With this we thank you all, for listening. And as promised we will answer all questions, critic and comments as best as we can\"

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 12:49:48 pm »
Good promotional thread. It\'s not bad to have yet another well planned guild roaming Yliakum either.

It\'s my opinion that your alignment contributes negatively to your classification as a Roleplaying Guild.
I also think Legends of Amicitia is a somewhat hollow guild, for having no special beliefs or goals.
Naming yourselves Legends and believeng that you can create a \"a circle of friends with infinite trust and loyalty\" makes me see you as a rather pretentious guild, but that\'s not a bad trait.

Anyway, good luck with your guild. And may it keep from falling into unactiveness like the Rangers did.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 12:52:38 pm by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 02:37:37 pm »
Sounds similar to ashes(as you said), for me... not that that\'s anything bad or so. and another latin guildname, but are you sure that it isn\'t amicitas in singular Nominativ, .. I aint sure bout that tough..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 02:38:54 pm by Cyl »
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Kiramon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 03:05:39 pm »
Better start replying myself

@Sangwa; well first of all, thank you for the kind words ^^ couldn\'t have done it without the other two (Thyrion and Giltanas that is).    
- No idea why the alignment is contributing negatively towards being a RP guild? perhaps you could be as kind as to clarify that part?
- You could say that our goals is to create a \"a circle of friends with infinite trust and loyalty\". But as said we accept all kind of characters, which is why we doesn\'t focus so much on Goals, belief and ranks.
- The Legends part of the name is more \"poeticly\" meant, since we don\'t expect to actually become Legends in the game litterally.
Other than that it took me almost an hour to realise what prententious meant, but yeah I agree - we are a rather pretentious guild ;)

@Cyl; yup, another Latin named guild (though ingame, we prefer to say that the word \"Amicitia\" is an old elven word from the forgotten Silvanni forest, from which Giltanas was from. Still it means friendship).
About the name itself, I found it on the internet and I am pretty sure it is Amicitia:    Link one
Type \"friendship\" in this one

Well, there we go - other comments, question etc. are welcome

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 05:54:45 am »
The Non-Alignment hardly contributes to roleplay. Alignments serve to help us know what to expect from characters, since we can\'t see their clothes or feel the entoation on their words.

It\'s the same thing with guilds. So, roleplayers won\'t know what to expect from your guild.
You must admit that seeing a Paladin dinner with an unscrupulous murder might confuse some people.

Also, there are alignments which are naturally opposite to your guild ideals. Like Chaotic Evil, True Evil or Chaotic Neutral. You can\'t expect a person with no morals or without a sense of law to understand the meaning of loyalty or friendship. I\'m not saying it\'s totally impossible though :P. Just not expectable.

I would classify your guild as Neutral, since you avoid taking the side of either good or evil, while allowing different ideals and beliefs.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Kiramon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 06:14:33 am »
You never know what to expect from a person in real either before you talk with the person, I never had any love for the alignment system, but I could take the neutral up for discussion.

Paladins goals are to protect good and weak, and fight against evil am I correct?
We believe in friendship, and so our natural goal would be to establish a circle of friends. We also believe that each member should be allowed to have his/her own goals, just as long as it does not give the guild a bad reputation, or drags it into an unnecessary guild war, or goes directly against the foundation of the guild.

I think this clears that point, also people who wants to destroy world and such will not be accepted into the guild. Besides there are alot of Warriors out there, so I doubt we need Paladins in the guild ;)

But I have always judged people on their personality, not their alignment - so in my book it isn\'t the most important part of the game

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 06:31:18 am »
I wasn\'t saying you should have paladins on the group, I was just stating that a non-aligned guild could allow such things as the friendly interaction between a Paladin and a Muderer.

Alignments are mere guidelines, they\'re supposed to be helpful and not a nuisance.
Classifying actions and personalities goes beyond creating 9 possible alignments and throwing people in them.

Planeshift should have an alignment system of its own, just like Neverwinter Nights has for example. This way we would have solid guidelines to follow, instead of having thousands of aligmnent descriptions and interpretations to choose from.
Picking an alignment on Planeshift is just a useless ritual.

Don\'t change your aligment to shut me up, change it if you think you should ^^.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 06:33:39 am by Sangwa »

Join the Dark Empire!

Kiramon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 06:47:16 am »
Well, we would actually like to be able to have ex. knights and assassins - this is one reason why we are non-aligned, because as your example on the Paladin and the murderer it would allow friendly interaction between them.

So I think I speak for the whole guild, when saying that we will stick with non-aligned. And whether or not we will have Paladins, well we will see if one of those applies ;)

OT: Yeah the game should have it\'s own alignment system, first of all it would be much easier for us all, and second it would promote the originality of the game to not have the same alignment system as all other games.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 06:47:44 am by Kiramon »

Von H?rskiburg

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 07:59:27 am »
Originally posted by Kiramon
So I think I speak for the whole guild, when saying that we will stick with non-aligned.

I think non-aligned is the best choice. Neutral wouldn\'t do, because then the \"extremely aligned\" classes, like paladins and murderers wouldn\'t be allowed to join, because in general neutral characters tend to despise these \"extremists\".
Thyrion Alzhaman
The Stormchaser

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 12:32:49 pm »
think non-aligned is the best choice. Neutral wouldn\'t do, because then the \"extremely aligned\" classes, like paladins and murderers wouldn\'t be allowed to join, because in general neutral characters tend to despise these \"extremists\".

Von, Kiramon, Paladins and Murderers don\'t get along! That\'s against their nature! Against their alignment! Why would you want a murderer as a friend, when you\'re a paladin? How can you befriend and trust someone that kills the people you\'re trying to protect?
How can you possibly roleplay a group of people that likes each other besides being extreme opposites? You can\'t, not without incongruence or an infinitly complex reason.
That\'s why the \"non-alignment\" is not roleplayable. You can create a non-aligned guild, but you can\'t expect to roleplay as guild if you do so.
Having characters with opposite alignments sharing feelings of loyalty and friendship is alien to a working roleplay enviroment. Unless it\'s well explained how they can stand each other.

Join the Dark Empire!

Kiramon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 12:54:48 pm »
Sangwa, did I ever say that we would accept Paladins and such? - in goals it says this:

We also believe that each member should be allowed to have his/her own goals, just as long as it does not give the guild a bad reputation, or drags it into an unnecessary guild war, or goes directly against the foundation of the guild.

so again, a Paladins goal is to destroy evil and protect the weak - hence it would go against one of our ideals accepting all alignments. So we do not accept Paladins, besides if I remember right, I heard a certain Moderator saying that there are no classes in PS.

Although, I personally had been thinking of saying that in our guild, all members will have no alignments.
But on another note that was what Ashes had (if I remember right), and so it might be offending to some of the ex-members (not sure if I am wrong here of course, and if those ex-members did not have anything against it. I would take it up for a serious discussion, with the other members)

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 02:14:10 am »
Nothing really sounds bad.. and there is some good writing in there but it seems as if you have too many rules.  You cant do this or that.. might have been easier to say what you can do  :D .  But seriously, are all those necessary?

Your site looks fine.. but with that black background it just looks weird to me.  I like the design though.

Kiramon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 04:04:24 am »
Yeah, we like alot of rules ^^ and I personally thinks we need them all...

and about the Black background, I did try a Dark blue background. But that looked even weirder, so black is the best looking in my opinion.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 01:09:48 pm »
Originally posted by Valbrandr
Nothing really sounds bad.. and there is some good writing in there but it seems as if you have too many rules.  You cant do this or that.. might have been easier to say what you can do  :D .  But seriously, are all those necessary?

Personally I think the rules are in conflict with your ideas of having a small group of friends. Small groups of friends don\'t need excessive rules, because each member of the circle would be responsible for his actions to each of the others. If someone can\'t figure out by themself that it\'s important not to hack, and etc. etc. etc. then do you even want them in your guild?

Von H?rskiburg

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 01:51:21 pm »
Originally posted by Phinehas
Personally I think the rules are in conflict with your ideas of having a small group of friends. Small groups of friends don\'t need excessive rules, because each member of the circle would be responsible for his actions to each of the others. If someone can\'t figure out by themself that it\'s important not to hack, and etc. etc. etc. then do you even want them in your guild?

You do have a point, but still I think the rules are necessary. For some people those things are not self-evident.
Thyrion Alzhaman
The Stormchaser