Author Topic: [RP]The Master Ranger no more  (Read 607 times)

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
[RP]The Master Ranger no more
« on: June 24, 2006, 08:49:08 am »
[Farren Kutter]

[OOC: Okay, events happened last night that will be posted by Zhai that led to Farren stepping down from his position and beloved title.]

Farren sits in his sewer room pondering his own decision to give over his position and title. It was entirely unexpected, even to himself. He did it on an impulse, out of the instinct he trusted so much. "So ends the time of the Master Ranger. And so begins the time of Zhai, the Lady of the Rangers." he says solemnly.

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: [RP]The Master Ranger no more
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 12:28:33 pm »
[awww Farren... :'( well, i can't write as well as you but here it goes...]

Angadu vs Farren Kutter

Zhai's memories start to get into place as she runs to Hydlaa along with Satayne. Everything seems so surreal. No more excrutiating imprisonment. No more hatred controlling her every move. No more sensation of falling endlessly, fearing the final hit at the bottom of a dark hole... She's free again. In her mind, all what happened is replayed as she gains consciousness of all the things she'd done while possessed by the entity known as Angadu...

Angadu left the arena, saw Bodacher there and couldn't resist it... what's a minion of darkness to do with no war as a purpose? He felt restless and the sight of the victorious dwarf made him feel impotent and angry. A mortal life isn't as fun as he thought when the limits we all have to live by got to him. He walked up to Harn's and looked around. He sensed something odd and readied his blades. He was right. Farren, the Master Ranger, was there. They didn't talk much for they both knew they couldn't put it off any longer. They started fighting. "This isn't right", said Angadu to himself... "Something's not right"... Farren was fighting in a different way, as if he were baring a strange confidence he didn't have before... "What has he learned?". As it commonly occurs with lesser deamons who by spell and will grow powerful, Angadu kept the very essence of his being: his insidious ways, his cowardice and malice, his keen intelect to plot and bring chaos... he was all that but with the strength of a higher level deamon, as he fed on Zhai's soul as he kept her imprisoned in darkness. He didn't torture her only because of the pleasure he'd get from it but because that's where his main strength came from. He clinged to her as a parasite.

But now he felt fear, as he couldn't tell what the Master Ranger's next move would be. He fled the plaza, leaving Hydlaa behind. "Run! Hide! ...This is not right! ...What's happening?" He feared as he tried to evade Farren's skilled attacks while the chase took them out of the city and into the woods, past the iron mines and the canyon. Suddenly he heard a childish scream of alert and saw Beanius standing on a hill nearby. "There he is!" and all of a sudden Satayne, Indygo, Anfa, Xylaal, Corune, Navarr and Beanius charged. Farren kept striking until Angadu wasn't able to move anymore. Corune held him down while the others tied his limbs. He was taken up the hill and placed in the center of a pentagram drawn by Beanius. "How did they know? HOW?!" he thought as he screamed and twirled desperately. Then he saw Beanius and a strange scroll sticking out of his pocket... "It was you! You stole it from Drahlian? You little worm... You'll pay for this". He couldn't move as Corune was still holding him still. The strange mark on Zhai's forehead, written in blood by Drahlian when she captured her with Kergen's aid, burned in rage. Xylaal tried to wash it away using a piece of cloth and water but it wouldn't work. Angadu tried to fight back but Indygo then drew a holy axe given to him by Einnol and blessed by Peacer and kept the deamon subdued. Angadu couldn't move. The light was too strong... Anfa shed a tear for the soul of her friend as she tried to figure out what to do and Angadu screeched in agony as it touched his forehead. Everybody looked at each other and understood what had to be done. Holding him down, they used Anfa's tears to wash away the markings, as Beanius chanted the spell written on the scroll he took from Drahlian. The real Zhai could feel as if crystals shattered around her in the darkness. A holy light surrounded Anagadu as he hissed at his enemies unable to stop them.

Zhai opened her eyes. Anfa was right in front of her though everything was blurry. She was back. She could feel her body again... but she wasn't alone. The spell had broken her imprisonment but not vanquished the evil spirit within her. Gathering all his strength Angadu fled again, taking Zhai to the underworld before her friends could stop him. Farren led the party to the death realm, knowing the final battle would take place there...

Angadu was waiting in the library. He was soon surrounded again by Zhai's friends. Einnol and Ralarssenth joined the rescue party there, so there was no way now for Angadu to defeat so many excellent opponents... he calculated the risks and then he challenged Farren. "Defeat me and i'll leave. Die, and she'll be mine forever". They all looked at each other, placing their trust in Farren as he accepted the duel, but at the same time they knew he'd need their help so they all focused their will to strengthen him for the battle. Angadu charged striking Farren with a first blow... but Farren didn't fall. His aura was impenetrable and what would've been a deadly wound was only a scratch now. "How?! This is my realm! This is where I'm stronger!", Angadu thought. But then he heard another voice in his head, a voice he didn't recognize at first, perhaps because he'd only heard it screaming in pain and now it spoke clearly and softly: "Think again". He lowered his guard, frozen by Zhai's words. Farren saw the opening and took the chance, swinging his swords at Angadu with both might and skill. Angadu fell and as he finally left Zhai's body, Farren used a summon ring to trap the spirit.

Zhai's eyes open again, this time to see herself standing next to the Death Guardian. She could feel her body again, her voice and breath... She was herself, saved by the Master Ranger and all her good friends. They all came to see her and although they weren't sure the deamon was gone at first, it didn't take them long to recognize her. Zhai tried to articulate her thanks but the emotions wouldn't let her think straight. She looked at her hands, trying to convince herself it was finally over but only her friends' words would help her clear her doubts. "Welcome back", she heard... and she really felt that. Farren then said: "Zhai, are you ready to come back to the Rangers now?". She looked at him warmly and smiled. "Yes!", she finally said and huged her fellow rangers. "Let's go back to the world of the living!" someone said and she couldn't agree more.

And thus, she's crossing the wilds again. Hasting towards Hydlaa to see her friends there, ready to celebrate at Kada's, Satayne running by her side, making sure the journey's safe. When they finally make it to Kada's everyone's there. Zhai hugs each one of her friends as tears of happiness run down her cheeks. Beanius is already serving drinks and it all seems right, after such a long time, it is right. And then Farren makes a surprising announcement: "Greet Zhai, the new Master Ranger of the Rangers of Yliakum!". Einnol's jaw drops to the floor and everyone's eyes open wide. "Farren? Are you serious?!" they ask. He nods smiling as if he had just passed a drink instead of his rank, but that's how he often does with those things that matter most, making everything seem small and safe. Zhai smiles and bows. Beanius then says "I think I found myself! I want to join the Rangers!". There's so much to celebrate now but also so many things that need mending and being righted.

As Farren ponders his decision and reflects on what he's to do now that Zhai's the new guild master, he takes out the Summon Ring he used to trap Angadu. Such a small trinket now holds the creature that brought so much havok. Drahlian will pay for what she did. She should be scared now, very scared. Zhai touches his shoulder smiling and he quickly puts the ring back in his pocket, promising himself not to mention it ever again. "There's much to do now, Farren", says Zhai. Farren nods in agreement as they start discussing the future of the guild...

[ \\o// thanks a lot to everyone! i really, really had a great time. i wrote this without my logs cuz i can't find them :-[ , so if i missed something it really wasn't intentional. please let me know of any mistakes/omissions by sending me a pm or in-game and i'll correct my narration of the events immediately. great rp everyone!]
:: The Flaming Feather :: Lady of the Rangers ::

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 04:02:34 pm »
(A partially-related story that I thought needed telling. It does contradict a bit of what actually happened but I don't think anyone really cared about it anyway.)

Siteri walks through the warehouse district of Dsar Akkaio. Out of the corner of her eye she spots a rogue, attempting to raid one of the warehouses. "Defile Ojaveda, will you?" she mutters. "You're no better than that Aga-whoever it was that..."

An odd thought crosses Siteri's mind, and she grins wickedly as she draws her Frosty Broad Swords. "You ARE that Aga-whoever who possessed Zhai!" she calls out.

The rogue turns around in utter confusion. "I didn't possess nobody, crazy cat-lady," the rogue says, "but if you wanna fight you've got one!"

"This one's for you Zhai!" Siteri says as she leaps into battle. With swift flashes of her swords she manages to get in a few good hits before the rogue knocks her back. "C...crazy cat-lady!" the rogue says. "You're dead meat!"

"...Angadu. That was his name... I was just having fun before..." Siteri stands up, surrounded by the light of her healing magic.

"But now I'm serious! THIS IS IT, ANGADU!" Siteri bursts forward and slices the rogue, finally defeating him. "That'll teach you to possess... oh, who am I kidding?" Siteri chuckles slightly as she continues healing herself. "If I missed it, I missed it. I should be thankful it's never going to happen again, not disappointed! Besides, they took care of it fine without me..."

Siteri heads back towards the tavern. Great job everyone saving Zhai. she thinks. And good luck to the new Master Ranger.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 04:08:40 pm by Siteri Kidachi »

Hirogurth

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 09:31:52 pm »
hmm I was wondering what was going on when I passed that place by

thanks for the explanation
Gravity's a myth... Earth sucks