Author Topic: Q&A thread for technical issues/questions  (Read 436 times)

Meketh

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Q&A thread for technical issues/questions
« on: August 17, 2006, 04:44:35 am »
Hello all,

I really like the new Q&A section in the "General Forum" concerning "Setting related questions".

I would really appreciate a Q&A where the developers shortly comment on "Technic related questions/wishes", as this could result in a "Technical FAQ" in the long run and an reduction of repetitive questions. Furthermore it gives us supporters/testers/users a "feeling of being valuable and a feeling of living interaction with the developers". 

Furthermore, some general summarization of the "wish list forum" would be cool, as it gives people having ideas and trying to give feedback, some personal feedback and an feeling of "appreciation" for their commitment/dedication. For me this makes up one of the basic factors of a "living community" and strengthens the community in the long run, even if it is more work in the short run.

What do you and what do the developers think?

Meketh aka Dante (in game)
Dante
"The BlitzerĀ“s Guild"

neko kyouran

Re: Q&A thread for technical issues/questions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 04:55:25 am »
This would be better suited for the Forum Issues area of the Forum.

And as for your wish for summariztion of the wishlist area, I'm working on that. Still cleaning it up first.   (It's messy)

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Q&A thread for technical issues/questions
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:14:58 am »
The Q&A in General Discussion is about all aspects - technical, settings, art, etc. So you can ask about any issue your heart desires, and a separate Q&A for tech issues doesn't really seem necessary. However, wishes belong in the Wishlist, and not in Q&As.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.