Author Topic: Regarding CP  (Read 597 times)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Regarding CP
« on: September 18, 2006, 04:50:45 pm »
In character creation, why are we limited by CP? We should be able to expand our character history wherever we want, but instead we're bound to choose charm school or something to try and keep the number from reaching the negatives. I think it'd be better to either give more CP - at least 200 - or remove it completely. It's just annoying that I can't make a history that protrays my character.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding CP
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 04:52:31 pm »
You can make whatever roleplay history you want - all the character creation does is determine your stats. I've no doubts that it will be reworked in the future.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Keyaz

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 04:53:14 pm »
it's to stop peopel creating over powered characters, as the choices effect the stats you begin with, it's limited in such a way that you are not a great fighter off the bat, nor a great mage, or anything, because as many have said, in planeshift, you start of as a nobody, and earn your way to riches and glory.... and cookies

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 04:53:36 pm »
Of course, but it still isn't an official history. Just to get the basic skills I want from my character's past, I have to add CP by giving him extra crap like cooking, herbal or severely reduced will.

Keyaz

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 04:54:45 pm »
the sacrifices we make to improve on our better skills, such as life

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 04:54:59 pm »
So then.. I don't know. Train what you missed :] Nobody is supposed to come into the game with their character already fully developed.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 04:58:15 pm »
Well I'm not talking about fully developed, but maybe I want to make a character who's "Smart and powerful" which would focus more towards intelligence and strength. Well I'm in a rut right there, because a choice that raises good intelligence would be that books thing, in childhood activity, but it costs around 22 CP. Now, maybe I could focus that toward strength, or at least try. I'll go and choose street gang instead, which lucky me, is 0 cost. But, there's another problem...maybe I don't want lockpicking or knives and daggers? Maybe I want to use an axe? Where's a choice for that?

It's so limited, even though a lot of people will think it's large because of all the choices, but really I can't find anything I want in all those choices.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 05:00:03 pm »
Of course, not immediately. This is why you have to train. And if you don't want lockpicking or knives and daggers, just don't use it :] Like I said, the system is most likely going to change in the future. If you have any suggestions besides "remove it," do make them.

Keyaz

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 05:00:29 pm »
at that point you choose the quick path, click each one and it will tell you a % of where the stats will go into each criteria, and skills you will get.

and as soon as you get in the game, modify your description at will.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 09:55:02 am »
Well I'm not talking about fully developed, but maybe I want to make a character who's "Smart and powerful" ...

... in planeshift, you start of as a nobody, and earn your way to riches and glory.... and cookies

Enough said.
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 08:34:41 pm »
I thought new characters aren't supposed to have long interesting histories. :thumbdown:
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 09:32:42 am »
I thought new characters aren't supposed to have long interesting histories. :thumbdown:

Why not ?

What if i want to RP a very old Menki. wouldnt he have a long and interesting history ?

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum