Author Topic: Well, now im depressed....  (Read 1186 times)

Coneitic

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Well, now im depressed....
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 06:40:15 pm »
Unfortunately we don't have £X billion just laying around to throw at homeless people, although a lot is given by people to charities to try and solve this.

Charities dont reach the ghetto
~Tupac

We dont have Ex billion laying around to fix this problem but we have Ex billion to go to war and fix poverty and homelessness in other countries... not just Iraq (im not a hippie)

Ironic... dont you think?
There is no right or wrong.... only Trias.

~Conietic

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 09:05:21 pm »
Zanzibar is right, I hate to admite this but unless the Middle Class does something about this wastefull spending, nothing will solve this.

The money America wastes is enough to feed all it's poor and buy houses for each one, Every TIME we pass a Law in Congress, There are always Congressman who add things to the law that have nothing to do with it, but help their constituants.

Basically, one congressman, from illinois i believe, wanted a Bridge Constructed in his District, so he added that onto the Law that was going to be passed, and he got his bridge.

I mean... this is injustice in Soo many ways.

And the FUEL for all this.... simple... The Media.

The media keeps people ignorant, PLEASE EVERYONE IN HERE, DO NOT LET THE MEDIA SPOON FEED YOU NEWS!!!

Get your information and sources Online, from Credible sources, like the BBC, AP, and a few Independant Magazines THAT ARE NOT OWNED by conglomerates like Time warner.

And one other thing.... DO NOT WATCH fox news... or pay for it...., they will spoon feed you Crap THE WHOLE DAY untill it sticks with you.

THE SOLUTION to our Problem is here:

Be aware, Be informed, be the change you wish to see in others.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 09:50:51 pm »
Kalika huggles Idoru

:flowers:

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 09:57:00 pm »
I don't really care about a community getting a bridge.  That's important.  That's good for society.

What I care about is a company getting several million dollars for doing nothing, except perhaps contributing to a particular political campaign.

Not too many years ago, the Canadian government gave $3 billion to walmart.

That's the kind of thing I care about.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.