Author Topic: Last name poof?  (Read 740 times)

Rynna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Last name poof?
« on: April 06, 2007, 05:33:20 am »
Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this as it's kind of a complaint but more or less a question, and it might be a "linux specific issue" I'm not completely sure... (mods feel free to move it to it's appropriate place if need be).

I have been playing this game for a few weeks now under the name Rynna Shige and I noticed tonight that my last name is suddenly gone! It might be a problem on my side (I did a fresh install of (x)ubuntu feisty the other night to test it and I realize that feisty is still pre-release) or a bug..... or the GMs could have found something wrong with the name and took it off... if so I would at the very least like confirmation of this and a reason of how exactly it broke the rules (I'm just curious because I find it odd, not really upset).

Thank you.

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Last name poof?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 06:35:52 am »
does it show in the log in screen?
but the best place to find out is to power up irc and check in #planeshift-gmtalk.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 06:37:30 am »
I'm not a GM, but nothing is wrong about that name to me. Perhaps it's a bug with the labels, have you logged in/out a couple of times already?
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

neko kyouran

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 06:45:34 am »
Yep, I try to be at least a little worldly, and I don't see anything wrong or obviously OOC about that name.  I suggest waiting 10 minutes or so, then try to relog and see if it's there.

If it turns out a GM did change it for one reason or another, you can do as steuben suggested and load up irc and check the gm channel and discuss it, or you can send an email or PM to karyuu or I or any GM on the boards here and it will be looked into.  :)

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 11:44:52 am »
All name changes done by GMs are logged, and I cannot find anything with "Rynna" in the name change list :) However, it also appears that you really do have no last name at the moment. Thus if no GM changed it (as far as I can tell), I'm mystified as to how it could have fallen off.

It's added back to your character as of... nnnnnow :)
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Rynna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 03:02:37 pm »
Thank you all for your replies and especially to Karyuu for investigating and fixing the problem! It was indeed a strange and mystifying thing to happen...