Author Topic: Guild Library?  (Read 545 times)

cyber

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Guild Library?
« on: April 02, 2007, 09:07:57 pm »
I have an idea about a guild library

The Guild leader has todo a quest to unlock the library ability
then you pay 500-1000 to make a book for the library and put in w/e you want also you specify the guild pts to check out that book
guild members pay an amount to use the library (library card)
guild pts determines what books people can look at.

ortional ideas
Make books an item that must be returned to an npc before another person can check it out

I plan on making this myself then submitting the final code.
Any comments are greatly apreciated (as well as anybody who wants to help)

I feel this would make guild pts mean someething as well as get the players to do some work on there own twords a common goal

PS: the books will have a set max length i dont know what that will be exactly but im thinking 500tria for the base book then 1tria per letter up to 500 letters.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:19:42 pm by cyber »

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Library?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:58:44 am »
Book making will be added to the game in the future.

Guilds will have houses in the future.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Narure

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 03:59:56 am »
If you can code join the Dev team!

cyber

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:01:11 am »
I put in an app for the dev team over a year ago... so i tried its still "waiting"

Narure

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 05:03:35 am »
Well a good way to start is look through the bug tracker and fix a few bugs there and submit those, that should get you noticed.

Induane

• Veteran
  • What should I put here?
    • View Profile
    • Vaalnor Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:16:59 am »
Also once you submit, if you don't hear anything back, pop into #planeshift or #planeshift-build on irc.freenode.net and see if talad or vengeance or some other dev are around and poke them to review your application.

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:50:56 am »
yeah, devs are busy. Bug them to death if needed ;) They are really waiting for it.
Personally i think they should develop better/faster system for the contributors to increase the development, but its just opinion.

On topic:
If you code something, don't code it only for guilds if you can make it for any person.
Quest? What do you understand by quest? Talking to NPCs? Not a good idea at all then. Selling gold ore to Harnquist is some kind of quest too. In theory you need to talk to him to sell the stuff. Till the time NPCs will actually understand you, when you ask simple: "Where can i get some paper", exclude from your ideas any talking to NPCs please ;)

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

cyber

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 05:21:43 am »
As far as the npc bit I was thinking a "buy" the book then "sell" it to return it and only one copy exits

as far as the quest that is so that there is a purpose to the guild leader to run the guild if ya know what i mean. Like since he is in charge he must do certin things for the guild to have certin things.