Author Topic: Sound and Interface Problem  (Read 513 times)

Luthien

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Sound and Interface Problem
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:30:15 pm »
Ok i know that this problem has been posted before but I haven't really seen any fix to this problem, even the bug tracker hasn't really helped me. My computer runs PS pretty well except for one tiny little problem, the sound is very choppy and slow, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for my SB Audigy 2 ZS, turn down the hardware accel as suggested in the forums, even gone as far as completely uninstalling and reinstalling PS, to no avail, also when the map switches to the road to oja my user interface gets all corrupted.  Any help with these issues would be great, even just points to the forums that have the fixes.  Thanks All

EDIT: I'm actually in my computer lab class right now using a Dell Optiplex 745 with intergrated Intel graphics and onboard sound card and not having any problems that I'm having at home. Oh and here are the specs for my computer

Athlon 64 3200+
512 MB of RAM
RADEON 9550 with 256MB RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS Gamer Edition
Windows XP Home
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:36:38 pm by Luthien »

Ver

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Sound and Interface Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:21:49 pm »
I have the same exact problem on my computer -- the sound is grainy and of terrible quality. It possibly has something to do with the way your sound card (mine is on-board too) interfaces with the Crystal Entity Layer.

You can get the sound normal, I've found, by repeatedly minimizing and maximizing the PS window until apparently randomly the sound quality is normal sometimes, but it's annoying.

As for the GUI, I've never experienced that kind of problem. You have on-board video, which is always substandard for modern 3D gaming. The difference between on-board video and the cheapest graphics card you can buy in the store is usually as great as night and day.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 03:24:33 pm by Ver »

Luthien

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:50:09 pm »
Actually my home computer does not have on-board video, my lab computer does and I have no problems with either the interface or the sound, although it does graphically lag out pretty bad in the plaza and the arena..I try to avoid those areas when I'm using my lab computer.  So I really don't know both copies of planeshift are fresh installs, it's rather weird to be honest

Luthien

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:38:20 am »
Ok so I figured out what was wrong with my sound, turns out my Audigy sound card has gone cuput! Somehow my interface problems disappeared after I installed some more ram, so I have a feeling that it might have something to do with that, oh well it's fixed now YAY!!  so could I have a mod possibly close this thread??