Author Topic: What has changed?  (Read 756 times)

Anomaly

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
What has changed?
« on: August 03, 2008, 11:47:03 am »
I enjoyed this game almost more than two years ago but put it aside until some flaws where worked out, My friend has a low-grade laptop and this is the only 3D game he can play with me. I really cant say I see anything different in the game so far, yes, its non-profit free game but I'm still seeing critical problems in the starting location that would make someone eventually stop tolerating its setbacks, things people encounter everytime they play the game so its not something that a common few are experiencing for over a year.

Lack of bug tracking shouldnt be the issue here, these problems are in your face all the time setting your gameplay back. Could it be messy coding making it difficult to work them out?, or just not enough time in the developers favor or different goals before sorting these things out?, I'm not aware of the current situation.

I'll tolerate this games problems because I like the community and where this game can eventually lead to, but when I hear that the amount of players are dropping I can see why. Inexperienced and regular gamers alike will drop the game when they are constantly falling through floors or getting stuck in them, teleporting randomly and dieing, unable to have even the most basic fight with a creature, and when they do die from these flaws they have a confusing underworld to figure out on top of being cursed. IMO the starting location needs some attention to keep people from leaving the game early.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: What has changed?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 12:03:01 pm »
remember all the developers dont all work on the same thing, some devs dont even code and that is over 50% of the whole dev team. Also some of the coding devs have other tasks they work on other then ps or different parts other then the bugs on the tracker. The testing team is working with the dev team to work on getting bugs fixed but it is not a simple 2 minute fix to get all bugs fixed. some bugs take hours of time to fix and fix correctly, also then once a bug is fixed it might not get on laanx till the next release due to the need of releasing a new client for the bug to be seen fixed by the players.

Anomaly

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 03:28:59 pm »
I understand it takes some time to fix these bugs, but its been almost three years and I see the same bugs that made my first time experience worse, I was hoping that they would fix these problems by now so that new players wouldnt be discouraged to play from dieing over glitches.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 03:33:35 pm »
Not the same bugs. These are entirely new bugs that have the same effects. That happens when you add new things.

Anomaly

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 07:02:45 pm »
Not the same bugs. These are entirely new bugs that have the same effects.

\\o//

Seriously though, I hope the coders are trying to refine the code to be at least somewhat reliable if the same problems are lurking through years of updates.