Author Topic: Internets Trubble  (Read 425 times)

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Internets Trubble
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:37:31 pm »
I am having trouble with my internet... For the billionth time. Well, I've asked everyone, and done everything I can do, and nothing's helping. So, I figured it'd be best to turn to y'all geeks. Here's the problem: every time I try to log into Photobucket, instead of logging in, it just goes to my Photobucket page. So I can't upload anything. The only way I could was to make a whole new account, but after logging out, I can't re-log in. It might have something to do with cookies... I've been trying to log into my DeviantArt account thing for months now, but it won't let me.

:@#\

Thanks.

Kieve

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Creative Hack
    • View Profile
    • KRS MediaWorks
Re: Internets Trubble
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:33:33 pm »
Actually, that sounds like the problem right there.

Two things you should check: are these sites (photobucket, deviantart) "safe" or did they find their way into your block-list somehow? I had trouble of a similar nature with some other sites, and it turns out that somewhere along the line I'd denied them a cookie and IE added [all] cookies from that site to a blocker.

Second thing, make sure that any peripheral blockers (things to kill adware/spyware, virus protection, etc) aren't wiping the slate clean on you. As an example, AdAware used to reset my registry any time I changed my home-page, essentially locking it to whatever site I'd called "home" before installing it.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re: Internets Trubble
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:24:47 am »
*Egasp!*

I can log on to Photobucket now! :D Sweetness!

I love you Kievester.

Too lazy to try logging onto DA though.

Bye.