Author Topic: Version for Windows 64 bit native  (Read 1100 times)

PhoneixS

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
    • PhoneixS Web
Version for Windows 64 bit native
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:23:31 am »
Hi, it will be a native 64 bit version for windows or only will be 64 for linux? It would be a good thing to get a 64 bit (exactly for vista 64)  :innocent:.
I do not know how hard it must be if you released for linux.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Version for Windows 64 bit native
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:45:14 am »
it has been suggested but i am not sure the dev that makes the windows release has successfully built a 64 bit release yet, and if there are any bugs in the build that would keep it from happening. dont worry it is somewhere on the todo list of that dev.

EDIT:

also there has to be a 64 bit linux release as the 32 bit release will not easily run on a 64 bit os, unlike windows where the 32 bit can out of the box run on a 64 bit os.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:57:19 am by Caarrie »

kaerli2

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 04:15:20 pm »
also there has to be a 64 bit linux release as the 32 bit release will not easily run on a 64 bit os, unlike windows where the 32 bit can out of the box run on a 64 bit os.

Depends on if your distro is multilibbed out-of-the-box or not.  Still, a 64-bit linux bin would be a good idea though. (extra registers FTW!)

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 01:17:46 pm »
I'm no programmer, but I do compile a lot of Linux apps from source.  I only run 64-bit OSes on my box with 8 gigs of memory.  It just makes sense.

I will attempt to follow the compile instructions and see if I can build a 64-bit Windows build.  I just prefer to run native 64-bit apps if I can.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 01:19:31 pm »
I will attempt to follow the compile instructions and see if I can build a 64-bit Windows build.  I just prefer to run native 64-bit apps if I can.

I am not sure this can easily be done i dont see any cs 64 bit libs for windoze available on their website, also player made clients, that are sent to others, are not allowed to be used on the official server due to the possiblity of hacks.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 01:52:06 pm »
CS is also open-source, so I could attempt to compile all the needed dependencies as well.

Trying to make a build myself would just allow me to document the process and see what road bumps I encounter to try and fix them.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 02:03:15 pm »
we have a build guide for that reason, if you follow it 100% you should have little to no issues building. Also there is no guide for building windows libs without using the cs win libs.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 09:03:36 pm »
64-bit PS on windows works, I've spent some time on it the last couple of months. I might consider releasing it some time in the future, if there appears to be any benefit.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 11:19:11 pm »
Community projects are benefited from larger communities.  There aren't many native 64-bit games on Windows.  Releasing one might raise the visibility of the project and bring more people in.