Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 691 times)

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Farewell
« on: March 26, 2009, 06:54:27 am »
Being that I was recently informed that my posts serve no purpose anymore I thought to make my last useless post.

I am now leaving PlaneShift, the forums, the game, and IRC. I wish only to say this to the people, who are a part of this wonderful game, please try to be peaceful towards each other. Through the years of being here in this game I have experienced both joy and great sadness. I have seen many joyful moments and many conflicts. Always remember this is a game of which we are to have fun. We can make it what we wish it to be because of the wonderful role-play it has. All this community needs to do is unite. Remember that the all of you have feelings and you should treat each other as you wish to be treated with respect.

Now I wish to thank the ones that have been so very kind to me. Because of them I have the most wonderful experience here. When I first joined this game I was warmly received and taught by some of the very best how to role-play. If you see a new character welcome them, make them feel at home. This will help promote PlaneShift when that person says to someone else how great the community is here. The people, most who have moved on, were my friends and I have them to thank for teaching me so many things.

Now on to my other point: please be so careful when you post here on the forums. How very lucky we are to have such a place to speak our minds though the arguments and the disagreements are read by any potential new player and could turn them off to the game. No one wants that, right? I have searched for a new game and when I read other forums I do not see the harsh tones that I see here. Be respectful of the others and this will show the new person that this community is great.

So to end my last useless post I will say thank you to all who have treated me kindly and made the last three years a wonderful experience. I have gathered many friends alone the way some of which I still chat with since the beginning. For those whom I still chat with and email I hope that we can continue to do so. You may even PM me here because I am notified of that so we can stay in touch. For those who I have known only in game I wish you all well and may your travels through life be just what you want them to be. Good health and happiness to all of you. Well they say all good things most come to end and this is my end. I will miss this game and its community greatly. There is nothing left to say but good bye and be well.

Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Nykolai Raskaniov

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Farewell
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:52:59 am »
Farewell, enjoy life as much as you can, it's not all about one game. :)

Check back from time to time, to see how it has progressed. Preferably in game mostly as the forums do not always reflect the real status of PS.
"Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face."

Waterman

• Hydlaa Resident
  • ...is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:01:20 pm »
One of the few members here whose posts I actually have respect for.
"Not coming back until I have a better attitude."

Prolix

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 05:07:51 pm »
Well you know how it is, the older you get the less interesting things are. Hope you find something that holds your attention a while. I'm pretty bored of the internet myself, I just have little better to do.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:07:46 pm »
Well you know how it is, the older you get the less interesting things are. Hope you find something that holds your attention a while. I'm pretty bored of the internet myself, I just have little better to do.
I'm pretty sure (and I think you know this) that Mathy isn't leaving out of boredom or lack of attention.  I guess you're trying to get Mathy to explain his reasons for leaving.  But it's not really our business.

@ Mathy, It's always sad to see someone go, even though many people who leave end up coming back.  I've enjoyed our conversations and your contributions to the forum.  Seeing the value in useless things is called being sentimental, so perhaps that's what I am. :)
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Kangold D

• Traveller
  • RP VIOLATION
    • View Profile
    • The One Guild Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:18:05 am »
Being that I was recently informed that my posts serve no purpose anymore I thought to make my last useless post...

What others may think, and one rat hide, will get you several trias.

I dunno, Mathy, I play the game every day and overhear lots of role-playing, see many opportunities to join in and have fun. PlaneShift is unique like that. And, this forum is a kind of role-play, too, but it doesn't really have much to do with what happens in the game, only seems like it does. Maybe blow off the forum and play? It's another whole world in the game, a better one, except we don't have smiles there.  \\o//

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 02:08:47 am »
Overreaction anyone?
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place