Author Topic: stupid  (Read 613 times)

Monk

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
stupid
« on: April 27, 2003, 01:11:48 pm »
what was the point in releasing the game yet? you cant do anything at all, except chat. besides no1 answers you in game

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 01:30:10 pm »
If you had been around a little longer, you would\'ve seen it was to give people a taster as of what the game might be like, and if I may ask, what do you think gives you the permission to just flame the game? If you dont like the game, then get the hell out of here. You\'re not paying for anything, so actually - You don\'t have any rights to say anything about the game.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 01:33:20 pm by Kiva »
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 01:57:38 pm »
actually it\'s an opensourced free game with a freely-accessible forums, so he has the right even to flame, but it\'s not moral...

anyhow, i don\'t know what you\'re pissing about Monk, it\'s PRE-alpha (version 0.2.10) ...it\'s still A LOT to do before it\'s complete (and even then it\'ll evolve itself further on ...i hope!).

if you\'ve never seen before a opensourced app before, then be amazed - you usually get to use the app as soon as there are a few lines programmed :)
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln

SoulPhoenix

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 03:17:59 pm »
i my self would definately prefer watching the progress of the game than someone telling me. and its a smart move for PS because more and more ppl will see the graphics and once they see that they wont be going any where.
another good thing is they seem to be reading our suggestion and its a good feeling knowing that u can partially change the game even if it is just a little...

Monk

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 04:25:27 pm »
Gronomist, anybody has the right to state there opinion, which is what i was doing. the game looks promising in the future when they have developed it more. but, at the moment i think they shouldnt have released it so early. there isnt much you can do in the game, and its laggy, probly cuz of the servers.

p.s. Gronomist ur sig dont work

o yea and ppl ignore the new thread \'reply\'

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 04:33:53 pm »
Sure, everybody has the right to state your own opinion, but by calling it stupid, your shooting down all the devs hard work. If you\'d look at the game as a free open source thing, which people have donated their own time in, and not as a milti billion dollar corperation project, its seen as a real achivement by me, and the rest of the people on these forums. You could of been a little easier, instead of just blurting out \"stupid\" on a game where what it is now, is exactly what its supposed to be.
Terragen manipulator, photoshop wannabe.

Planeshift name: Demoritus, but you can call me \"god\"
Avast.

Monk

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 05:11:55 pm »
i didnt call the game stupid, its just the name of the thread because you have to put a name when starting  a new thread and i couldnt think of anything else

Cthulu

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 06:04:37 pm »
There are several reasons for realeasing the game in it\'s current state:
1) It shows the fans exactly what has been completed in the game
2) It shows the fans that there are things being accomplished, not just heresay
3) It shows the Devs that there is atleast quasi-complete product as a result of their work
4) It grants an opportunity to find and fix bugs, if you can\'t get the simplest stage right, then whats the point of having a later, exponentially more buggy, version?
~Cthulu

Aelostar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
*smiling*
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 06:32:24 pm »
it also challenges the idea that anything free sucks (which btw, this game has load of promise and doesn\'t suck in my personal opinion)
besides, how often can a player say that they were with a game in it\'s infant stages and watched it develop? for me (future game designer and programmer :P) it is an excellent opportunity to see just how the development stage and the interaction of the players can really affect the final outcome.
so if your frustrated with the game now, either find something else CONSTRUCTIVE to do, or help the programmers out and let them know what will improve the game

:]

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2003, 11:10:56 am »
Originally posted by hook
actually it\'s an opensourced free game with a freely-accessible forums, so he has the right even to flame, but it\'s not moral...

In the contrary.. he has no single right or is even allowed to flame. If you had read the forum rules, you would have seen that flamming is against the rules..

-Xolon-

SoulPhoenix

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2003, 02:09:45 pm »
true....

all i can do to help (because i have no skills) is just tell every1 i know about the game(every game and chat room i go to i have to bring it up) does any one know if PS could use my help in any ways.
they probably have no use for me coz of my lack of skills but i can type if they could use that in any way...

Monk

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2003, 02:55:16 pm »
people, i think you are all taking my 1 line post \'what was the point in releasing the game yet? you cant do anything at all, except chat. besides no1 answers you in game\' a bit to seriously. all i was saying then (in my opinion, which i DO have the right to, even though you lot are saying i dont), was that there wasnt much point in releasing the game so early because it doesnt show what the game play will be like in the future. it shows what the game will look like, but thats nothing if you dont have good gameplay.

oh and Xolon, learn to spell the word \'flaming\'

Edited for language.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:54:26 pm by Karyuu »

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 03:58:30 pm »
Originally posted by Monk
people, i think you are all taking my 1 line post \'what was the point in releasing the game yet? you cant do anything at all, except chat. besides no1 answers you in game\' a bit to seriously. all i was saying then (in my opinion, which i DO have the right to, even though you lot are saying i dont), was that there wasnt much point in releasing the game so early because it doesnt show what the game play will be like in the future. it shows what the game will look like, but thats nothing if you dont have good gameplay.
oh and Xolon, learn to spell the word \'flaming\'

some \"minor\" replies to that:

- what\'s the use of making demos and trailer that are 100 times better then the commercial game itself when it comes out?!?

- i don\'t know how it\'s too early, i enjoy playing it ...it relaxes me - really! ...if you\'re into hack\'n\'slash rpg then PS is not what you seek

- i think you have the right to have your own opinion, but there are some restricions to that (de iure)
   - every single on of your rights is limited with the rights of others
   - if it states in the EULA of the forum that you\'re not allowed to flame, then you\'re not allowed to flame here - that\'s that

- i agree that this game has future, but i have to add that it\'s pretty fun playing it already

reasons (IMO) why it was put out already:
- it was about time (you should have seen other opensource projects!)
- it\'s a great way to take attention
- it\'s actually VERY in your interest as the end-user, since this way you can help co-develop the game with your comments and ideas to this forum

the last reason is the most importaint for both the devs and the players

btw: if this is your first glimpse on a opensourced app, then you probably didn\'t know that there\'s also CVS - a way to get the latest version of the game (there are quite some stages between the previous and the next release and these are usually downloadable via CVS)

watch out and be amazed at the power of the open source!!!

Edited for language in original quote.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:54:14 pm by Karyuu »
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln