Author Topic: Not a volcano!  (Read 3714 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Not a volcano!
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2009, 11:01:15 am »
Well you're still over analysing my replies
Being told something by the devs, hmm like being told what the settings are? There's no difference between what you read as settings and what you've been told by devs

How does "don't confuse medieval with feudal" become suggesting we have a feudal society? As the free availability of books would show even the lowest of peasants would have a good idea of the government of the day and how the system works.

"Fresh of the Farm" means illiterate? or ignorant and unable to think for themselves? Once more the freely available books would soon stop that as for suggesting picture books for the crafters thats clutching at straws.

There is nothing contradictory about it at all. Your character has grown up in Yliakum all his/her life therefore it's commonsense to accept that your Character knows a lot more about his world than you the Player does
I too think I'm using common sense.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Not a volcano!
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2009, 11:29:24 am »
We'll be addressing more specifically what you do and don't know in a subsequent release.

We've quite a bit that isn't in the players' hot little hands but we still need to establish greater consensus among the devs on how it all breaks down.

I wish I could share more of the story today but that would probably result in more confusion and alternate versions to confuse the issue.

I hope soon to illustrate the manner in which THIS settings team has interpreted the legacy of previous settings team incarnations.

In the meant time, all you need to know is it's a freakin crater and it's known as Shindrok's Crater to your characters.

Why it takes 5 pages of debate to establish such a fact is precisely why if it weren't for a few devs and prospects willing to endure the absurdity of certain things on the forum, your cries would fall on deaf ears.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:31:12 am by Xillix Queen of Fools »