Author Topic: How does a body get from where it dies to the Death Realm?  (Read 1121 times)

Rigwyn

Re: How does a body get from where it dies to the Death Realm?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 07:07:28 pm »
It does and it has.

There was a corrupt goverment official ( a vigisimi or an octarch ) who was tossed into the crystal via a megaras.

When someone experienced regular death there is no guarantee that they will come back.
If compared to real life I would put this somewhere between a life threatening injury and death.

The loss of a limb while not as threatening in the short term
Would leave one dibilitated for life - unless its possible for a very powerful mage
To make the limb grow back.

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 07:17:31 pm »
No. True Death does not happen. Here let me give a specific example:

Alirukell. Who remembers when he used to have TEH EPIC MAGICK BATTLES in the tavern basement? In the rare case when the combatant didn't become bored of the godmodding and circular fighting and let Alirukell win simply to end it, Alirukell would die, and a couple hours later be back performing his "villainry"

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Syenna

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 09:27:43 pm »
So what I gather here is "True Death only happens to disposable GM characters in-game because everyone else is a Mary-Sue-playing-godmoder".   ::|

Getting back on the subject of the lost limbs, I realize there are those that would rather lose their limb and not end up in the Death Realm - however, there are also people that'd rather take any chance they can to save a limb. Particularly one that they like. For example, my character is very fond of her legs and feet - she can't do her job without them. *Cough* The fact she actually likes the Death Realm aside, she would rather let herself bleed to death and regain them than to go without. Of course, if it were, say, her pinky or her tail, she wouldn't make so much effort.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 02:56:01 am »
Being that all people can have another chance in the living world should they die; but not (ussualy) another chance at a vital limb, then logically a person would rather prefer death over the permanent loss of a limb. However if a person is fearful of death, and rightly so, then their response is unpredictable. Yet if your character does not fear death (I am not referring to the established 'NO FEAR!' credo) as a Dakkru follower would, then it's not a burdening choice.

As for players who most likely should have died a true death or lost a limb: I can only shrug, as it's perfectly understandable why they chose not to.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 05:52:09 am »
Ask the executioner in Hydlaa about his job and about death, he will explain to you that "True Death" can be performed, in several ways. One is a special poison the axe gets covered with.

You will find him between East Passage and Jayose's Library.
__

P.S.:

You talked about losing limbs before entering the Death Realm.

I remember reports of a roleplay with the different direction -- losing limbs while leaving it. In case I remember correctly. Ask the House Cheshire...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty