Author Topic: Multiple Issues in Game  (Read 686 times)

Tazzlest

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Multiple Issues in Game
« on: November 27, 2009, 10:09:04 am »
Well recently I have not been able to play Planeshift at all and this was due to some issues, that I have indeed looked up and tried the fixes for them, however they proved to be unsuccessful. The first one is with the RP server. When I log in game I can't see any text! The boxes are completely invisible and the text is barely visible, if at all. I tried the fix that I heard mention here which was go to the Planeshift Setup and setting the skin to "elves" however even when I go to 'choose skin', I click on elves and the setup box just completely closes, I can't even confirm that I want the elves skin. This is starting to become rather irritating because I never had this issue before, only when I tried to play the RC2 for the Ez server. I also have had problems with the Ez server too...basically I can log in all right and everything, but from there its like I am just in a big black box...everything around me is black...no land...no nothing just black and the only thing that is visible to me is the NPC's and myself, those of which are very poorly colored, it would seem like a graphics issue, however I have never had this sort of issue with the .04 version. Is there a way to fix these problems because they are really starting to bug me and make the game unplayable...I would love to play the beta version, but I can't even see anything as the whole land is black! No scratch that...there is NO land.

Edit: I have fixed the first issue with the main release, however the issue with the beta is still present.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:18:05 am by Tazzlest »

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Issues in Game
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:52:57 pm »
Hello

Can you post a screenshot somewhere (imagebin.ca I believe or frupic.frubar.net)?
And try to make some paragraphs in your text fore readability if possible :)

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Darklance

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 04:34:31 pm »
I'm having the same issue, here is a screen:

Lenovo T61 Intel Chip
Intel x3100 video (latest stable drivers)
win 7
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:39:27 pm by Darklance »

BLERGHtrue

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:31:31 pm »
To Darklance: The solution is, after you pick a skin, you have to right click each of your 'boxes' and reduce the minimum (and maximum) transparencies. You can't see any of the boxes at the moment, like in the screenshot, because those transparencies are currently at 100% each.

EDIT: i'm sorry, i didn't read the bit about you fixing that issue in the first post >_>
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:34:53 pm by BLERGHtrue »