Author Topic: Markets: We need some statistics.  (Read 1439 times)

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Markets: We need some statistics.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 06:23:02 pm »
Hmm wait, so we pay to have a stall up or we pay for someone else to run our stall? Maybe I missed something but I don't seem to get it. ??? :oops:

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 06:25:17 pm »
I wouldn't mind if Suati would help (perhaps keep an eye on the goods or something) but 0.5 keeps going nuts on my computer. Sorry :(

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 06:52:33 pm »
What's to stop me from putting up a stall there and not paying?

Nothing.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 02:32:52 am »

the lag and trade crashes that keep me from playing?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 02:45:25 am »
I believe several of the "Way of the Hammer" people will be able to run PS 0.5, and might even be interested in coming to Ojaveda if a market promises paying customers for the "Iron Hammer Shop". ;) - I'll point them here.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

thob

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 05:03:39 am »
The Woiperdinger Trading Co. will join.

.. Why paying? not if you cant ensure that there will be enough customers. and you cant since 0.5 is not running for some and as oja isnt the best location for walk-in customers.  if you open your guildhouse for this event we have to pay, but there is much more lag in a guidhouse (or weird graphics)..

Thob
Thob Ciscon, Crafter and Merchant for crafted Weapons.
Proud member of The Woiperdinger and the Merchantile Order of Commerce!

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 05:10:29 am »

Nothing.

Nothing, but you'd be one helluva dick. It's an event, designed to create some RP atmosphere in Ojaveda. If you want to draw the atmosphere away from that and if we get too much of this issue of people freeloading off our IC and OOC hard work we simply won't organise any more markets (as IC it is not profitable at all).
I believe several of the "Way of the Hammer" people will be able to run PS 0.5, and might even be interested in coming to Ojaveda if a market promises paying customers for the "Iron Hammer Shop". ;) - I'll point them here.

Thanks.
The Woiperdinger Trading Co. will join.

.. Why paying? not if you cant ensure that there will be enough customers. and you cant since 0.5 is not running for some and as oja isnt the best location for walk-in customers.  if you open your guildhouse for this event we have to pay, but there is much more lag in a guidhouse (or weird graphics)..

Thob

Hence we want to run this when there is enough customers, and the idea is that the publicised markets will draw customers. If you were playing PS and heard there was a market on at the time you'd check it out to see if there were bargains etc.

Whether merchants profit or not depends on their own trade, but we believe if we time it right it will be a success. Also, the pay rates we suggest aren't exactly through the roof, you guys sell looted swords you got randomly for up to 50k and that's sheer profit. A few hundred tria (at most) compared to that is nothing.

Aiwendil

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 05:26:14 am »

Akkaido tries to create a RP atmosphere there. While the prices are arguable (a circle or even 2 octas are still too much for a food or drinks stall) I think is is a pretty good idea to have people paying for the services of organizing a market. Most merchants won't even notice a circle with the current weapon prices. And I imagine it pretty funny if one of Akkaido's helpers walks around, charges the merchants for their stall and has to listen to their (IC) rantings about missing customers and the rent for the stalls being to high. In my view charging small amounts of tria for IC reasons is a pretty good way to improve the atmosphere.

thob

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 05:32:21 am »
You are right what you are saying about profit. Maybe.

I dont really know you, you maybe dont know me.. but pease read about the merchantile order of commerce (sig).
We set up markets in former times, we announced them, many well known merchants came.. well but no customer (sometimes).
And this was in Hydlaa, not in Oja.

Eh. I bet things have changed and there is some intrest in such a market. If Thob hears some IG announcement he will pay I think. *grins* But then he expects guards and maybe a moneychanger...

Maybe Aiwendil.
Thob Ciscon, Crafter and Merchant for crafted Weapons.
Proud member of The Woiperdinger and the Merchantile Order of Commerce!

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 05:34:57 am »
I knew you knew, i was just making sure everyone knew why i was'nt playing PS.

Well looks like PSs players are only Devs, GMs and Settings. Low amount of IC citizens!
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 01:41:57 am »
Kore Irka Clan will be providing guards.

That said we would appreciate it if troublemakers showed some maturity OOC and didn't make our guard jobs too hard, it would be much much appreciated.

As I said, the charge of one circle is a maximum... it's an RP IC charge, and we want to know what you guys think is appropriate as an RP IC charge.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 05:31:20 am »
If I bring my merchant, he would inquire as to whether these guards are strong, if the charge is so low. He would also inquire as to whether losses would be repaid if the guards were unable to catch possible thieves.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 06:01:40 pm »
The guards are trained to a substantial level, no, we haven't maxed our weapon and armour skills, but it's my belief that maxed weapons/armour would/should be very rare, and that the levels we have trained to are competent. Competent to the point where I have defeated in a duel someone with a maxed weapon. Though I personally hate duels.

Let's be realistic. If someone comes to the market and steals something because you crashed, relogged and forgot to make sure things were all tied down, there's nothing we can do if they decline our challenges and run off, even if our weapons and armour were maxed. I'd prefer to avoid duelling wannabe thieves during the markets too, it's messy and would take away from the RP atmosphere of the markets...

But we'd be more than happy to RP using typical /me and /me roleplaying, as long as there's no godmodding. The whole idea of these markets is to be a market, not a battleground.

Another idea as to why the small fee would be worthwhile: I'm thinking we could make booklets featuring all paying merchants at the markets, sort of a "Guide to the Market" which lists all merchants and what they sell, along with a slogan or motto.... It would in my opinion add extra value to the markets, make things easy for customers, and add even more RP atmosphere. Thoughts?