Author Topic: Magic lag  (Read 982 times)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Magic lag
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:54:15 am »
It is very hard to Train magic as it gets very laggy when i cast magic all over and over again, i mean real laggy like i have to force kill my program to get it back not that magic is hard enough -- so much trias to spened on it plus the boringness of just sitting there, this bug is really really annoying and i have not seen any help thread that could lessen the lag, also on fight lags i get lags while hitting monsters in which case when i am out hunting, the monster ends up killing me than me kill it

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Magic lag
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 01:30:22 am »
We are aware of a similar problem with training combat. The issue is that the skills windows is rebuilt every time you gain some practice and this is very slow. At this moment we don't yet have a fundamental solution to this problem but it is something we will fix.

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:34:08 am »
We are aware of a similar problem with training combat. The issue is that the skills windows is rebuilt every time you gain some practice and this is very slow. At this moment we don't yet have a fundamental solution to this problem but it is something we will fix.

Greetings,
So, if I understand you correctly, turning off his skill window would fix his lag problem, wouldn't it?

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:28:47 am »
So, if I understand you correctly, turning off his skill window would fix his lag problem, wouldn't it?

No, because apparently the window is still rebuilt even if it is not visible.

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 05:22:30 am »
In my eyes it looks as circular reference in code, but more possibly in calculations than directly in stats window. Redrawing window shouldn't take too much time as it take after longer time (after some time of mining, the game freezes for say 2 seconds with stats window closed, but for about 1 minute at the same time while stats window open, don't tell me, that redrawing of one simple window takes 1 minute...) I'll check the stats window xml anyway and I will add reply if I will find something wrong in it.

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 05:27:26 am »
In my eyes it looks as circular reference in code, but more possibly in calculations than directly in stats window. Redrawing window shouldn't take too much time as it take after longer time (after some time of mining, the game freezes for say 2 seconds with stats window closed, but for about 1 minute at the same time while stats window open, don't tell me, that redrawing of one simple window takes 1 minute...) I'll check the stats window xml anyway and I will add reply if I will find something wrong in it.

It is not redrawing of the window that takes this time. It is the fact that the window is rebuilt and that this is apparently done by manipulating XML directly in memory. And *that* is slow.

Greetings,

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 06:07:52 am »
But why it takes only microseconds after starting the game and minute after say one half a hour? That is strange...

Edit:
I was wrong about it. It takes 15 seconds after starting the game, but only with stats window open. What is really strange, is, that this was not problem in version 0.4, even there was not so different xml file.
Additionally, why this problem occurs only while the actually used skill is trained? When it's untrained, the window appears imediatelly.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:21:52 am by -stf- »

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:24:52 am »
it  is that way becuase if the answer was known the problem would be fixed.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 07:44:59 pm »
PROBLEM SOLVED  WHEN TRAINING MAGIC LEAVE THE SKILLS AND STATS WINDOWS ON, NOT THE ONE YOU CLICK 'P' FOR OR THE ONE ON THE SIDE BAR, THE ONE YOU GET FROM AN NPC, ANY NPC AND YOU HAVE NO LAG

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 08:51:07 pm »

does the his refer to maisent? XD mais is a chick XDD
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?