Author Topic: Happy Halloween 2010! (ghouls are coming soon!)  (Read 1181 times)

Addeline

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Halloween 2010! (ghouls are coming soon!)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 01:44:15 am »
I have never understood this American tradition.

All the rest of the year children are taught about "stranger danger"; not to talk to strangers or take candy from them.

On this one day all that goes by the wayside as children are actively encouraged to go out on their own in the dark and beg candy from strangers. If candy is not forthcoming then these same children are encouraged to vandalise their "victim"s property.

Talk about mixed messages.

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 03:21:29 am »

All the rest of the year children are taught about "stranger danger"; not to talk to strangers or take candy from them.

On this one day all that goes by the wayside as children are actively encouraged to go out on their own in the dark and beg candy from strangers. If candy is not forthcoming then these same children are encouraged to vandalise their "victim"s property.

But you get to dress up
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 06:38:18 am »

But you get to dress up

Ah, the pedophile dream…

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 06:38:51 am »
Oops, I think i beat Neko to this thread. I just remembered him making one last year.  :lol:

-sig by sarras

Sillamon

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 06:50:09 am »
This year, I'll be making my rounds dressed in evil garb and knocking on the doors of all those Jehova Witnesses who annoyed and harassed me with their *message* all year. A blessing from below awaits them.

As for everything being upside down - that's so true. Halloween is a time for addressing one's demons. Suddenly nice god fearing christians get to safely pretend to be the very thing that frightens them to the bone.

One should ask, if they are so terrified of such things, yet have a longing to embrace such things, then why are they afraid? What are they hiding from themselves?

My suggestion for this year?

Be something that frightens you.
Ie. A fag, woman, man, witch, priest, mouse, spider, clown, filthy begger, dentist, etc..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:49:10 am by Sillamon »

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 08:54:12 am »
I command a troop of little cousins and send them forth to acquire hoards of candy. Then I take my share, wrestle with the boys and use the loot to control them a week later.  ;D

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 09:07:43 am »
Be something that frightens you.

Imma be a knight who says NI!  :o

But seriously, I'm going to a hockey game and after that a Europa League game (football/soccer)  \\o//
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Sillamon

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 09:21:30 am »
Imma be a knight who says NI!  :o

LOL !

garoninja

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 09:31:39 am »
*Keeps his shrubbery handy*

Garosan grins "Sit on me and I'll put a crossbow bolt in the back of your head then bludgeon Vayl to death with one of your arms."

Camazotz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 10:02:48 am »

Last year these people vandalised our pumpkins. This year, concrete pumpkins FTW!

I CAN'T WAIT!
It's a well known fact that black cloaks are warmer than anything else.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 01:36:18 pm »
Probably nothing, we don't celebrate Halloween as much as Americans do, some kids go trickle treating but my parents are too godly to let us do that  :'(

Godly parents, eh? Prank them. And make it a really scary prank. Make an annual tradition of it until they let you trick or treat.  :devil:
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 04:02:30 pm »
Im going to terrify small children who come to my door. I just passed the age limit for tricking and treating, so im going to take it out scrooge style on them. ONE PIECE OF CANDY! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 05:01:21 pm »
Enjoy cleaning up your egged house on November first.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 06:10:14 pm »
  @ Addeline: It's not American.  It comes from All Hallows' Eve, brought over from the continent. (Europe = continent).  The next day is All Hallows Day, a day of rememberence.  It began centuries before pediophiles were known.... unless you were in a nice, small comunity.....
  These days, parents are with the children.... even if they have to drive.
   Also that's why it's all about ghouls and goblins, not Superman and ziggy.  Something from the graveyard, or the devil.
my name is Sanrai ;)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 06:43:45 pm »
 X-/ y'all are ignorant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

let's fix that!