Author Topic: New PlaneShift Update ! 0.5.4 !!  (Read 4413 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
New PlaneShift Update ! 0.5.4 !!
« on: June 12, 2010, 12:10:25 pm »
PlaneShift team is very proud to announce a new update for our clients and servers!! The new release is called 0.5.4 and is a solid upgrade from previously available 0.5.3. Here is a detailed list of changes. Please note that you can upgrade from 0.5.3 but follow the instructions in our download page for this.

Art
  • An very nice expansion of Ojaveda has been added: Dsar Kore. Many thanks to Xoel for building this new area!! With this addition the enkidukai will finally have enough place to live and prosper. There also be new space for guildhouses.
  • Completely new user interface for the character creation, much more readable and usable! A new login screen as well on the same theme.
  • First implementation of wizard robes! For now it's only available to NPCs, see Levrus, but soon will be available to players as well.
  • Introduction in game of bracers! They are not only new items, but they are also visible when you char wears them. We are adding now quests which will provide the bracers to you.
  • The male and female enkidukai heads have been improved by adding more polygons.
  • The hairs of all characters have been changed to avoid having a plastic look
  • Water reflections! Added in few places as test, allows the water surfaces to reflect the environment. Still need some improvement to look more realistic.

Engine
  • Ability to support maps with image backgrounds. To be used as maps of major cities, given to new players.
  • New soundmanager, which allows us to have monsters emit sounds! Thanks to Agy for the hard work on this.
  • Implementation of ranged weapons. They are fully functional now!
  • Expansion of the tribes system! The NPCs are getting smarter, and are now aware of being part of a larger tribe. They can call for help if attacked, and they can expand. This feature is still under testing, but will be largely used in the future to make our world more interactive.

Music
  • More sounds and more music added to the game

Known bugs

• The client crashes on exit (we are working on it)
  • The sound on linux seems to malfunction on certain systems (Pulse audio).

Enjoy PS!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:13:05 pm by Talad »

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: New PlaneShift Update ! 0.5.4 !!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:12:58 pm »
a good an excuse as any to redo the postcard project
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 05:22:34 pm »
screwd the quote up so yeah..

• An very nice expansion of Ojaveda has been added: Dsar Kore. Many thanks to Xoel for building this new area!! With this addition the enkidukai will finally have enough place to live and prosper. There also be new space for guildhouses.
[Earowo: this is probably what oja needed to get lively again, but it may not got more inhabited until Npc's are placed in the new oja.]
  • Water reflections! Added in few places as test, allows the water surfaces to reflect the environment. Still need some improvement to look more realistic.
[Earowo: i love the water so far, its a really good shade of blue, and i love how it reflects where there is light, and how your camara angle is, though the reflection is like a perfect mirror, to be like water, you should try and make the reflection dimmer, and kind of wiggly]
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:25:14 pm »
Really liking the new Dsar! And I bet there will some interesting bug reports with the tribes system.

trogau

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 05:53:40 pm »
Hey guys,

Not sure where to send this - the download page says to let you know if we have mirrors but there's no link to tell us where to send them, so I just thought I'd spam ours here:

x86 Windows
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/54607

x64 Windows
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/54609

x86 Linux
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/54610

x64 Linux
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/54611

Mac OS X
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/54612

Please feel free to link these on your download page - happy to help spread the downloads!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 01:38:44 am »
Oh ... the German Community (psde) is trying for months already to have their mirror added... ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 08:32:02 am »
Oh ... the German Community (psde) is trying for months already to have their mirror added... ;)

http://www.planeshift.it/download.html - and it's there since months already ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 09:21:56 am »
Well, that ... but also an "auto-update server" for pslaunch.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 01:02:20 am »
You might want to update the 'News Box' at the top right corner on these forums
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.