Author Topic: Arr. Ahoy there, mateys!  (Read 843 times)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Arr. Ahoy there, mateys!
« on: June 07, 2011, 05:53:37 pm »
I can't count how many posts I must have made like this before. But as I always log into the PS forums out of pure habit and can't bring myself to stop, the urge to play again pulls ever so slightly. I can't say for sure how much I want to come back or if it's a small feeling to subside in the next day, but... what sorts of plots are we seeing nowadays? What's the average online statistic throughout each day? And... well, what place might there be for a villain-ish character? :P

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Arr. Ahoy there, mateys!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:10:33 pm »
You should totally come back! The more the merrier!  :love:
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:34:46 pm »
Now might be a good time, a new client has been released and is still fresh on the trackers. People are more spread out as there is more territory and fewer people than at the games highest point. I'm sure you can find something to do.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:47 pm »
there are... no... plots... no epic ones, at least. you better come with some plots of your own.

:[

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 02:58:44 am »
There are some plots. Frankly I say good riddance to the "epic" ones.

I've mostly seen either normal characters, villianous ones, or characters that claim to be good but aren't really (guilty).

There aren't many people on at any given point. I'd welcome one more.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:41:49 pm by Candy »
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:41:33 am »
hey suno, long time no see :P

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:43:44 am »
Greetings Suno,

I only just joined again too (after playing quite a lot during Crystal Blue c. 2005-2006). So far, I think the progress has been incredible! You should definitely give it another go!

I had thought that there weren't any villains in the game until I was mugged of one of my swords which was then ransomed for 10000 tria! My fault entirely for trusting someone (who shall go unnamed) to repair something without asking for something in exchange in the trade...

The quests are great I think, and are now tied together in such a way that an 'epic' plot is developing. I still have yet to get winch access, or find Gugrontid or Amdeneir... Much more to explore and do and create.

All we need are more players!

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 05:39:53 pm »
Hey, now that's great to hear. Of course, taking a sword and holding it up in the air where you can't reach and demanding money for it is somewhat beneath the point of "epic", but... hey, it's something. :P

I dunno, I might give it a whirl. I'd like to see who's still able to play evil without going into taverns and blasting a magma-deathball from their buttocks.

Oh, and I'm downloading the game now... see y'all soon~
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:50:35 pm by Suno_Regin »

Ebonwumon

• Hydlaa Resident
  • lol b&
    • View Profile
    • DEPOT WAREHOUSE!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:02:59 pm »
I can vouch that there have been a decided lack of Epic Tavern Brawls.

I am most certainly NOT the one known as Perriwinkle or Overtherainbow

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 07:55:55 pm »
Well right now my game freezes the moment I login to my character. So... we'll see what happens. Le sigh.

Edit: Alright, my game doesn't freeze anymore... only when I go to do the one thing I wanna do in the game. Roleplay. Literally. If I type anything in the chatbox other than a command (/loot will work, for example) the entire game freezes and my message won't go through. I have to terminate the client from my task manager.

Edit again: Nevermind, still freezing at random times during play... and the client simply crashes.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:24:27 pm by Suno_Regin »

Ebonwumon

• Hydlaa Resident
  • lol b&
    • View Profile
    • DEPOT WAREHOUSE!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 11:42:02 pm »
Standard fare that you won't really get any help if you don't supply:

What OS, 64-bit or 32-bit, what hardware are you on?

I am most certainly NOT the one known as Perriwinkle or Overtherainbow

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 03:17:47 pm »
I provided it all in the appropriate thread... and in said thread, the solution was figured out to be, of all things, the bad language chat filter. Once that was disabled, my client's now running like a peach, so... here I come, PS!