Author Topic: Problems with the Red Way Archmage  (Read 2094 times)

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
Problems with the Red Way Archmage
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:20:34 am »
Greetings!

Hopefully none of what I'm about to post is too much of a spoiler, and depending on what the answer is, could be either in the In-Game Bugs Forum or here so I do apologise if it should have been with the Bugs.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Red Archmage Ferryd Schillor. Essentially I cannot get him to accept my apprentice way wand, when every other archmage I've met is willing to take me on. What I'm wondering is:

Is becoming a red way apprentice with Ferryd currently not implemented?

Or is the quest somehow broken in relation to this bug? http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/flyspray/index.php?string=ferryd&project=2&field6%5B0%5D=&field4%5B0%5D=&field2%5B0%5D=&field1%5B0%5D=&field7%5B0%5D=&status%5B0%5D=open&percent%5B0%5D=&opened=&dev=&closed=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=&do=details&task_id=5074

Or have I done something wrong? I'm currently level 17 in Red Way (too high for an apprentice?), and I think my Crystal Way faction is +35 (I didn't know certain quests would endear me to that particular magic circle- is that too high for Ferryd to accept me?)

Thanks very much!

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with the Red Way Archmage
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:46:18 am »
There are different min skill levels needed to start each of the magic circle quest chains. Looks like  you need more training in red way.

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 04:21:11 am »
Thanks Sarva!

Yes, I was also told in-game that the Archmage is not happy to just take anyone on, but someone who had proved their adeptness. Perhaps this should be written into Ferryd's character once someone has completed Levrus 'Without a Way?' Something like:

>Xirius gives red way apprentice wand to Ferryd Shillor
>Ferryd: "You think I would train the likes of you?!? HAHAHAHAH! You look like you couldn't light a toothpick on fire. The Red Way Circle only accepts the best! Now, begone with you!"

Anyways, thanks! I shall train and train and try again.

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:32:07 am »
If Ferryd won't train you, Mishka will ;3 You only have to find her in gameā€¦

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 01:17:34 pm »
Yes, there is a proposal to make trainers explain, that you need more skill to be accepted / trained further etc. (See http://bugs.hydlaaplaza.com/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=5299 )
Right now it's a bit confusing indeed, but in most cases you can clarify this information IG.

Having characters trainers would be great Mishka :) This idea was discussed sometime before.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:20:15 pm by Gilrond »

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 07:20:36 pm »
Having characters trainers would be great Mishka :) This idea was discussed sometime before.

only in an NPCless game.

Mishka may or not be referring to the fact that NPC Trainers don't actually teach you anything, like, as in a Player Character could teach you things about Red Way, such as glyph combinations, what realm certain spells are, etc. Spoiler information that should be learned through player interaction.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 12:59:26 pm »
Yes, there is a proposal to make trainers explain, that you need more skill to be accepted / trained further etc.

That's good to hear, as the same confusion was my experience until explained on gossip channel to me.

- Nova

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 08:48:32 pm »
See also: http://70.32.40.136/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=5317
But again, it's just an idea. Whether settings team will use it or not, is another matter.