Author Topic: Little issues with the new forum theme  (Read 1806 times)

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Little issues with the new forum theme
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 08:48:01 am »
Hm, shame to see the forum skin go nuts like this.
And as it has changed html structure, my userstyle doesnt work right anymore too.

My announcement:
Because i'm doing webdevelopment for a living, I can do this forum template look same way as the planeshift webpage style, compatible with modern browsers, but excluding IE6 and lower
with possible enchancements
and some other layout options not associated with colors

I do need access to the css file tho and interface for uploading images
Otherwise it's too much hassle, so its a call of our forum admins.

You should be able to find the css file here:  http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/Themes/eazyblue_20g/css/index.css

I only made a very minor couple changes to the actual board php files so any changes could probably be done in the .css itself.  I was using Chrome to "Inspect" the elements that I wanted to change and finding their tags in the .css file to change around. 
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 09:07:47 am »
The change at the top is much better now. Thanks

bilbous

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 08:53:28 pm »
Sadly, for me, the leftmost login is somewhat covered by the graphic. It is still usable but kind of ugly. This is, of course, because my eyes prefer larger fonts for less strain but it could be fixed if the graphic was not statically positioned but rather centered -- as I view it from a 24" wide screen monitor. Perhaps the best approach would be to create a separate skin strictly for small screens and not try to accommodate both types of displays with one skin. What you started with was pretty good for a default. It likely wouldn't take much to duplicate the skin folder with the -small appended to get a new skin.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 12:36:26 am »
Sadly, for me, the leftmost login is somewhat covered by the graphic. It is still usable but kind of ugly. This is, of course, because my eyes prefer larger fonts for less strain but it could be fixed if the graphic was not statically positioned but rather centered -- as I view it from a 24" wide screen monitor. Perhaps the best approach would be to create a separate skin strictly for small screens and not try to accommodate both types of displays with one skin. What you started with was pretty good for a default. It likely wouldn't take much to duplicate the skin folder with the -small appended to get a new skin.
It's covered also with a standard size. actually now the more wide is the window the more the cp goes under the picture

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 12:13:32 pm »
there is no link anywhere on the forum site to the planeshift homepage. can that be added back in?
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 12:37:04 pm »
there is no link anywhere on the forum site to the planeshift homepage. can that be added back in?

Yes i agree, i would like it added again.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 08:53:50 pm »

Yes i agree, i would like it added again.
me too

bilbous

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 10:13:16 am »

It's covered also with a standard size. actually now the more wide is the window the more the cp goes under the picture

A possible fix might be to have the graphic as the background of the header bar instead of in a separate div beside the login div. It could be centered and the login could be raised in the z-plane over top it. In some clients the login form would be completely within the graphic but closer to the user and in wide screens like mine it would be completely outside the graphic.

Still, I'd have to look at the complete skin to be sure exactly what is possible, looking only at the page source is misleading as a bunch of different elements are thrown together programmatically.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 10:46:43 am »
i'd rather have the picture rescale in lower sizes instead

bilbous

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 01:20:03 pm »
That could be fairly easily accomplished, I think, using the GD graphics libraries, or even just by javascript determination of the browser dimensions and substitution of the gif, png or jpg whichever it is.

Still, having a dedicated skin for phones would be good.

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 04:14:59 am »
hm, i have send a pm, marked it for being saved...and it didn't
I wonder if it was even sent ;]
Of course to Acraig :)
Acraig, let me know!

as about the logo image overlaying something else, that's easly fixed with z-index.

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 02:00:51 pm »
hm, i have send a pm, marked it for being saved...and it didn't
I wonder if it was even sent ;]
Of course to Acraig :)
Acraig, let me know!

as about the logo image overlaying something else, that's easly fixed with z-index.

Ok, I will see what I can setup there ( details in the PM ).  The themes are actually not that complicated to setup and use and I just took the first one I could find and make it "PlaneShift" like.   You might want to check out the SMF website to see if there are other themes that might have a good look and feel as well and we can offer some more theme options.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"