Author Topic: Death in the Death Realm  (Read 273 times)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Death in the Death Realm
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:38:12 pm »
I can't remember if a question like this has been asked before, but since things change all the time, I'm curious of the up-to-date notion of someone dying while they're already in the Death Realm. Would they simply appear in another portion of the realm, or would this be a true death? Or, could one devoted to Dakkru do this repeatedly to avoid true death while already dead? Thanks.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Death Realm
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:29:51 pm »
I believe in one of the books in the citadel, it says that those in the dr are very much alive.

Its possible that this is an ic lie, but the game mechanics do not suggest that... For what its worth...

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:52:34 pm »
I think this is one of those mysteries that should not be confirmed with a definite answer, but should remain as such, for characters to discuss and debate through RP. If your character is interested in the mysteries of the Death Realm and would like to explore Dakkru and her religion, please contact a representative of your local branch of Dakkru's Enlightened and Devout.

Operators are standing by.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 04:57:20 pm »
Well I don't think something should be a mystery if it happens to your character... you wanna know what the result would be. lol

Thanks though.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 05:36:13 pm »
I would say no, and here is my reasoning:
The Death Realm is supposed to be a maddening labyrinth.
A maddening labyrinth has to have no means of escape, or a means that is incredibly difficult to attain.
Death could be considered an escape, if you've been wandering around in there for an extended period of time and have no other option.
Thus, if you have the option to permanently die in said Labyrinth, I should think it would take away from the overall feel of total hopelessness. Suicide by (as in Miomai's story, confessions of a Clamod,) tossing oneself off a cliff repeatedly would be especially maddening if you get to feel the pain, but not the release of being dead.

Just some thoughts.

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 05:55:02 pm »
  I can answer the question, which is you can die while in DR.
  When I was a new player I did it constantly, because it was too dark for me to see.

Sanrai  :sorcerer:
my name is Sanrai ;)

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 08:43:57 pm »
It is my understanding that the Death Realm has no rules so to speak. There are predictable effects, but sometimes things just happen differently without an explanation. The Death realm is Dakkru's domain, so if she wants some one in there to die forever, for what ever reason it will happen.
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »
You have to also consider that the settings are not perfect. They may contain contradictions and/or logical errors, so overdoing it with the logic and reasoning may not work. In PS, what makes most sense is not necessarily right. For IC knowledge, look at the books in the citadel and at what has been discussed on the forums - preferably what settings folks have said.

There is an indication that the IC literature in the citadel may be the opinion of the writer and may have been tampered with..  ::|  Don't ask for quotes or sources.. its been a while.