Author Topic: The window closed after start connecting to the server.!  (Read 813 times)

ZoiLi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
The window closed after start connecting to the server.!
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:19:07 am »
Hi.!

I'm Linux user :thumbup:, and everything it's well untill start to connect with the server, after click on "play" in the launcher this message appeared on top of the window: crystalespace.plugimr.loadpluginmgr: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.sndsys.renderer.dll''.. it continuos running well untill the loading windows and just close suddenly  :ban:.

If anyone can help me, I will appreciated.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The window closed after start connecting to the server.!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:02 am »
Hi.

Not sure why you chose the "Ban" emoticon, I doubt you would be banned for a bug report.

The messages you saw are possibly interesting, but we would need some of the last serious errors printed. Try to start ./psclient from a bash console and paste the messages which get listed there.

Furthermore, the following facts would be interesting: Exact client version and source (current is 0.5.9; downloaded via BitTorrent/planeshift.it download site or via Desura?); your CPU type; your amount of RAM; your graphic card chipset.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

ZoiLi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 12:57:33 pm »
I have the newest version (0.5.9), I downloaded yesterday via BitTorrent. I have 2gb RAM, AMD Athlon II P329 Dual-Core Processor & more than 250 GB in disc. I don't think the error it's on computer, maybe I forgot something in the instalation? :-\

Pierre

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 03:04:52 pm »
I'm having the exact same problem on the mac, OSX 10.7.3, totally souped up machine.

I think we are doing something simple wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.  I downloaded via one of the mirrors, got rid of my old PS folder, then dragged the new folder to my apps.  Ran pslaunch, repaired, did everything I could think of, but still the window crashes after trying to connect to the server.

Thanks for any help.  I don't think it's a computer issue.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 03:22:38 pm »
What graphics chip are you two using?
Also, you can run psclient in the console to get an accurate error log. At leat on Linux. On Mac, no idea, probably worse with information than windoze.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:28:31 pm by Minks »