Author Topic: New to PS  (Read 660 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: New to PS
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 08:16:53 am »
I just created a guild and I'll be posting about it in a new thread soon. If you want to wait and check it, that would make me happy. It's for roleplayers.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Reese

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 02:59:22 pm »
Maybe Im trying too hard ... I thought I found a guild, but I have been ignored by almost all of them. In fairness, some of them were walking by so they could have been afk at the moment, but others were just "tasking".
I would like to join a guild though ...  :-\

Akei

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 10:52:57 pm »
Hi Reese and welcome :)
Finding a guild is one thing but remember others may have their own "business" to take care of. Nothing against you personally.
I'm not playing for a long time (see my post count :D), but my advise would be to not hesitate to talk in other chat channels. I remember asking a looooooot of informations about the game mechanics, etc... in the gossip channel for instance. Sometimes too much  :-[ but everyone has been comprehensive and helpful.
I know you mentioned looking for RP but based on my experience, it's good to take your time expending your knowledge about the lore and this quite big world. People are always happy to help and if you felt they haven't, I'm sure it's simply because they couldn't (no time/don't know/afk). Just be patient, this game is not like any other MMO. I played a lot of MMOs but PS has the best community, I mean it. It's a small one but it's a good thing. Few people = help each others.
If you see me ingame, don't hesitate to pm me (I'm still a newbie though). And if you already have experience in RP then I would suggest you to start the conversations  ;) It's always rewarding here (RP-wise).
Ok, sorry for the long talk. The most important: enjoy the game like everyone do  \\o//

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 01:25:44 am »
What Akei said is true. It works both way. You either walk past someone, because you think he/she/kra is afk when he isn't, or other walk past you, because they think exactly that. Then there are many people who just don't start a RP because of various reasons, but actually want to RP. What you can do is: approach other people. It can be quite frustrating when there are a few people busy smithing, and don't reply, but then just go somewhere else and try again. Maybe someone who stands around this time. Kada-El's is a place you could check frequently.

Anyway, if you see one of my chars (Oele or Jilata) on, or maybe just standing around, feel free to approach me. Most probably I just don't know what to do and end up standing around somewhere.

Reese

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 02:45:13 am »
I will TRY to be a little more out going then. I saw Oele in Kada's ... she seemed to be a bit distracted though :P. Maybe next time I might be able to talk to her.  But thanks everyone for the advice, I really do appreciate it.  :D

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 05:35:38 am »
If we knew more about your character (race, behaviour, intentions...), we could have more specific suggestions which guilds may be interesting. There are many guilds which may not emphasize roleplaying but often take part in one or another event.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Reese

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 06:47:21 am »
Being new to the game, that is easier said than done.
I am a Demoiran .... MALE  ;D He is very observant of his surroundings. I plan to make him an upstanding citizen, but that is yet to be determined I guess.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 07:07:56 am »
Become a plain guy. Average Joe. Then, get rich. Awesomely rich. So rich, everyone will admire/hate you. Then, get a costume. A dark one. Armored. Make it look like some animal in Yliakum. Rid the cities of Hydlaa of evildoers. Because you're not the hero Hydlaa deserves, but the hero Hydlaa needs. You're a symbol, and if you disappear, another one will take your place.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 09:45:45 am »
Then, get a costume. A dark one. Armored. Make it look like some animal in Yliakum.

"Wh...who are you?"
"I'm Dosorman"

mmmh, masked heroes convention... Nice.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 11:55:50 am »
Well, as an "opportunist" (if I may say so?), you will easily find one or another guild which is present and not very selective regarding character traits. They usually have creative names revealing an own setting, e.g. containing a name of an important person.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Reese

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 03:21:56 pm »
I know I have a lot to figure out, but was just saying that I dont plan to make hims a "baddie", think it might be hard to seriously take a Dermorian as a mafia type person  :P  Maybe a pickpocket though ... only time will tell.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 03:47:46 pm »
Be lucky you missed the "Dermorian Lords", known as enslavers ... and then there are indeed "trading organizations" which :-X and have all kinds of members.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 04:43:19 pm »
Then, get a costume. A dark one. Armored. Make it look like some animal in Yliakum.

"Wh...who are you?"
"I'm Dosorman"

mmmh, masked heroes convention... Nice.

My sides are hurting. Oh, the laughter.

Erebey

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 08:57:55 am »
Oh, Reese, be careful. Finding a guild is not the problem. Not regretting the choice is the key...

In my old char I joined A guild I regretted, The stillwater peace crops.
I deleted the char... It was a crappy one anyway.

Well, My advice, that you just run around in hydlaa and look for rp (JK, It is not working for me, I just rant in /1)
My real advice, that you should just have fun, You know, That the point of the game, If you are not having fun, Go do something that you like...

Reese

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 01:58:19 pm »
I believe I have made my decision, now if I wasn't working so much in RL .... it always seems to get in the way of my virtual life   ;D