Author Topic: What's up with the Diaboli?  (Read 350 times)

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
What's up with the Diaboli?
« on: November 29, 2014, 05:34:35 pm »
So I've seen tons of Diaboli around lately. I thought that they weren't playable. Could someone please explain to me what's going on with this, because it makes me look really bad in RP when I assume someone's a Ynnwn and they aren't...

bilbous

Re: What's up with the Diaboli?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 06:39:59 pm »
you can't make them anymore but there are lots of leftovers that were grandfathered in. Read descriptions if you are worried about it. They are unlikely to be getting a model any time  soon™ or even later™

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 07:28:57 pm »
Ohh okay. A website also says that you can choose which kind of dwarf you are, and that there's a race called Xacha. Is that the same kind of thing?

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 07:44:20 pm »
There was a consolidation of races awhile back. Stonebreakers and Hammerwielders were separate races like Nothrir and Dermorians are now. Diaboli were playable as well as Xacha which were the secondary human race.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 12:07:55 am »
I still think Diaboli were the coolest race.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 11:37:44 am »
There was a consolidation of races awhile back. Stonebreakers and Hammerwielders were separate races like Nothrir and Dermorians are now. Diaboli were playable as well as Xacha which were the secondary human race.
Why did they consolidate? It would have been cool which type of dwarf to be or be a Xacha or Diaboli.

bilbous

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 12:29:42 pm »
Basically due to the lack of 3d modellers, I believe. It was deemed hard enough to get static items made to extend the crafting. New character models require new animations for those models.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 02:04:23 pm »
Basically due to the lack of 3d modellers, I believe. It was deemed hard enough to get static items made to extend the crafting. New character models require new animations for those models.

It was this, more or less. The 3D/2D department currently has 0 people in it which is why new art is still the slowest expanding area of the game.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 09:48:02 am »
Why did they consolidate? It would have been cool which type of dwarf to be or be a Xacha or Diaboli.

While Xacha don't exist anymore Stonebreakers and Hammerwielders still exist, they are no more a separate race but now they are different clan of the same race the StoneHammers.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 12:06:54 pm »
Eonwind is right, I am a Stonebreaker. :thumbup: