Author Topic: Advertising text for PlaneShift  (Read 951 times)

ecirtaeB

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising text for PlaneShift
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 06:16:58 am »
@Volki: Thank you for your encouraging words. Why don't you tell us about your ideas and initiatives?

All you need is a good graphic with the right message. I've done this before. Ups traffic by 10x. But would I do it for PS? Not in the state it's in right now. I don't think the game is in a good condition to retain players.

I kindof agree with Volki. As a first step, I think some marketing art posters depicting the lore and RP possibilities, for e.g, would spark more interest. Then, provide more detailed info like Gonger's or this. But depending on where you're advertising it, only the detailed text could work well too I guess :)

And if PlaneShift is really meant to be a RP game mainly, I would suggest advertising it as something different from the typical MMORPG's peasant-to-hero path and fighter/crafter/merchant classes. In RP, the goal is not necessarily in becoming someone powerful or successful IMO. The fun is in the different interactions and stories no matter what kind of background, motives etc a character has.

I too think though that PS could be made more newbie-friendly before starting advertising... for potential players at least. Recruiting developers would be a different matter.