Author Topic: Non-Traditional Armor is also a good thing  (Read 661 times)

Black_rose

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • If I could I would, but I don't know how.
    • View Profile
    • My myspace is all I have
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 07:30:44 pm »
i had an idea in prunescrape similar to the  different armor component idea
KABLUMMPPP!

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 08:06:56 pm »
I think Morrrowind had the pieces of armor system pretty good... they have shoulder pads, chestpad, and the rest. I dont know how many pieces you guys were thinking of though. You could separate the leg armor into 1)shin pad-like armor, 2)upper leg armor, and 3)boots. Or you could have legs all one piece like in spoonscape... It all depends on how far you want to take it.

Detan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 10:37:07 pm »
The only MMORPGs I played were Runescape, Planeshift, and Final Fantasy XI (FFXI being the better of them but still majorly flawed and Square-Enix doesn\'t listen to the communties wishes :( ) And runescape is bland, PS doesn\'t have anything yet really that I could see and FFXI was pretty good for some things.
The way FFXI worke dwas you could get gloves, boots, leg armor, torso armor, cape, hat and jewelary. Armor fit with a variety of classes at lower elvels and you could combine pieces from different sets: Normal clothng, Robe Clothing, Tunics, Monk Clothing, Bronze Clothing, Leather Clothing,Scale Armor, and Lizard Skin armor. You ould combine all these to your liking from levels ranging from 1-15. This was good but you\'d find many people just wearing the sets at the corresponding levels. And everyone looked the same even though they were different classes. To top it off in higher levels the same armor appeared just under different names and stats. This was a real piss off. A level 30 doesn\'t want to look like a level 12!. I tihnk what Plane Shift could learn from this is have class specific clothing and have 4 varieties each with 4 colours (For example have a shirt, vest, sweater, and jacket all at level one and have them have 4 or 6 different colours) for  a level. This would give people different looks while maintaining similar stats. Oh and never repeat the same equipment choose later in levels. If your gonna make a jacket at level 20 with high stats and it\'s identical to a jacket at level 1 thats a no no. At least make a variation to explain why this jacket is better. Maybe it has tin plates on the shoulders and is laced with crystal string.

Alot of  Variety may seem overwelming in the beggining but at least we won\'t have exact look alikes running about. Another mistake FFXI made was not showing capes, cloaks, backpacks, or amulets. This shouldn\'t be the case in PS. People should be able to see a shimmering amulet and say \"That amulet seems familiar. Hey that belongs to my grandmother thief!\"
I know it\'d be tricky to get so many graphics but it\'d be worth it in the long run. And on the not of character variation there should be alot more then just colours. I made my human and was dissapointed to see that I could only make his hair change color. What if I don\'t want a beard or i want longer hair. Do i have to go and be an elf now?. I say to solve this problem just make say 10 face and 10 hairstyles and be able to change the color of hair and skin. And what if we want to be tall or chubby? Give us the choice of different body builds. I mean not everyone is in perfect shape even if they are adventurers. Whew I\'ve gonna and made a ridiculously long post sure ^_^ I\'ll stop now.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 10:40:10 pm by Detan »

Danny

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2004, 04:55:06 am »
i also think that customisable capes would be a cool idea so that you dont look alike.. maybe you could upload an image and it would apear on your cape or you could change the colour of your cape... it would also be cool for guilds because then all there members could wear the same cape be kinda cool.. might not work to well though with the uploading images thing.. maybe you could have preset ones that you can change the colour of..

Many thanks,
   Danny

Detan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 01:15:23 pm »
Well prehaps the Devs could make capes for well recognized guilds every month or something. have guild competitions to get a logo and then the guild leader could ask for a sensible logo and the PS owners could make a cape or armor with that logo and give it to the guild members. Might work