Author Topic: Simple PvP solution  (Read 674 times)

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Simple PvP solution
« on: August 02, 2004, 11:04:29 pm »
While the majority of the map is free of PvP, there is
only one area, a good sized area, that is fully PvP.
There people can go wild, kill each other, hold guild
wars, assasinations, loot each
other, etc...

This area has to attract a good portion of players though, otherwise it would be pointless.

So I think this area should give benefits to evil guilds and PKs. It is totally their turf..
Good players are attracted into this area because this
area has rare items, hidden treasures, rare or rich mining ores, quests..
But here is the good part.. Only good players are able
to fight monsters in this area to get rares, only good
players are able to mine here, etc.  The evil players
may live here, establish guilds, stalk players, but may
not do anything else.

This brings tons of opportunity to good and evil players,
to Pks and non Pks, to mercs and body guards, etc.

Let\'s say some miner wanted to go into this area to
mine some ore, he would need services of good old
mercs to go into this vile area. While the Pk guilds
try to stalk the traveling miners with Mercs by their side,
the Mercs should know this area by heart!
Mercs have to know how to hide here, where to take a
shortcut.

Ok, this area as you all understand is full of vile creatures, Pks, darkness basically, and would work
nicely with people who are against PKing(no need to go there)
It would work great with PKs.  Guilds and random stalking in the area.
It would work great for Mercs, Miners, Treasure Hunters.

Just an idea, suggestions, debates welcome

hitancrias

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 12:39:30 pm »
Nice idea, but the problem is that people who don\'t want to have anything to do with pvp (like me) don\'t have acces to the \"rare items, hidden treasures, rare or rich mining ores, quests.. \" wich are to find in the pvp area.

I rather opt for a plain pvp area with nothing more to do than pvp. I think that if there\'s only one single pvp area it will always attract enough people to be fun for the pvp-ers.
Hitancrias. Herbalist. Explorer.

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 01:58:32 pm »
Well that\'s just the thing :)
The game will be so rich that it would not matter if you do those quests in the area or hunt the treasures.
BUT, if you are devoted quester or treasure hunter, this will be another challenge you might want to take
on...

The rare items in these lands are a privilage, not a necessity. You would not only have to find them through killing tough monsters orlooking for hidden spots, but also go through the threat of pk\'s.  Some of the rares don\'t necessarily have to be stat gains, just an award that you have found for ex. \"The Vile Land Statue\" recovered in deep cave whateva

Let\'s just say this area is attractive to devoted treasure hunters/miners/quest doers for ex.  but really is not essential to the game.  Obviously, more experienced players would want to take part in this and hang out in the vile land.

I rather opt for a plain pvp area with nothing more to do than pvp. I think that if there\'s only one single pvp area it will always attract enough people to be fun for the pvp-ers.

Well here is where I diagree..  Most of the time in your scenario the land will be empty with a few pk\'s running around now and then.  Even though you think there will be plenty PvPers, there will be very few.  (If you want to debate this, I can, but needed to go into mentality of PK players and anti-PK pvpers)

I personally can\'t stand PKing, I take it personal :) But I think having none of it in game is a waste of this great concept that attracts so many people. If this land, as you describe, would be just another regular place,  I for sure would never go there.  So,  obviously you see I made this concept questioning. \"Why would I want to go there?\" Simple as that.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 06:35:06 am »
PVP has already been decided. :) And also, you can choose whether you want to go full PVP (accept all duals automatically) half (get to choose when challenged) or never PVP (always decline challanges).

So everyone with \'always accept duals\' can PVP anyone of the same status at any time. It works nicely I think.

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 09:31:21 am »
Originally posted by Xordan
PVP has already been decided. :) And also, you can choose whether you want to go full PVP (accept all duals automatically) half (get to choose when challenged) or never PVP (always decline challanges).

So everyone with \'always accept duals\' can PVP anyone of the same status at any time. It works nicely I think.

yeah I think it is not bad, a safe pvp system.

Detan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 11:26:32 am »
Hmm do you select the style when you make your character or is this an anytime thing. Personally I don\'t think you should be abel tog o on rapid PKing and then when everyoen comes after you, you just turn off smile, and walk away. It\'s unfair. I understand it\'s already decided but it should be sometihng you pic in the beginning (Choice PK would be most popular I imagine). So people who hate PVP and never will get involved in it will pic \"NO PVPing\" People who want to occasionally get into a skirmash for roleplaying issues or justs oem fun Could pick \"Chocie PVP\".  And people who want it to be real (yet unreal cause people don\'t just run around murdering people) and fight anytime anywhere opt for \"Constant PVP\".  There may be the people who regret their chocie but that\'s their fualt. they should of thought about it. But if this becomes a problem simply make an NPC in town change your status for a large fee. Personally I tihnk this sytem works best for everyone.

Templer25

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 04:03:54 am »
if there is a PvP area, i think if it\'s big enough and making it free of rules. It will attract enough people and guilds. Guilds for example may want to have a own piece of ground where they can make their own laws
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 04:04:27 am by Templer25 »