Author Topic: the enki, direwolf  (Read 792 times)

direwolf

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
the enki, direwolf
« on: June 24, 2005, 03:35:14 pm »
It is rather peculiar, considering the stories told by the eldest of xacha and the folklore, passed down through generations of ylian, that a feline, a \'cat\' of sorts, would take for his name, that of a canine, widely known as the \'dog\'.. These two have long been told of as mortal enemies, after all.. But then, there is a story to everything...

The Xacha mystic watched in still silence as a young male Enkidukai tossed and turned in his sleep.. It had been a few days since the nameless one had come to her, searching for an identity, perhaps... Or perhaps merely bored of wandering the wilds of Yliakum, wanting something more of life.. Nevertheless, he had come, he had payed the coin and drank the potion, now it was for him to survive..
As she watched, his hands began to curl, as if holding a sword.. She leaned closer over the small blue fire she had conjured, observing a faint scar begin to etch itself across his cheek.. Rising, she took a small vial from a shelf carved into the wall of the cave and dipped a finger in, smearing the black ink on the scar before it had fully formed? As it turned the deepest black, she nodded in satisfaction, returning to her customary seat looking somewhat satisfied.

Hours later, the mystic still sat where she had been, watching her young charge begin to stir from his deep sleep... Rising once more from her seat, she selected a medium sized bottle from another shelf and knelt beside the nameless Enki, pouring some of the thick red liquid into his mouth and whispering the words of a spell... The small glyph around her neck began to glow and she reached her hand out, whispering one final word... An amulet appeared in her hand, crafted of a bone from a creature never seen in Yliakum.. The string was made of twined fur, bound together by a magical force and three teeth dangled beneath the symbol for the ancient earthen wolf.. Smiling, she retreated a few paces, allowing the nameless one to awaken..
\"Child, what did you come here looking for?\"
He turned to watch her, the tips of his ears twitching slightly as he heard her speaking..
\"A name.. \"
She smiled, taking the amulet her spell had conjured and placing it over his head and around his neck.. \"And what did you find?? she took the wolf-bone symbol between two fingers, turning it and showing him the letters that had perfectly etched themselves across the back... Direwolf...

this was requested by a gm btw.

special thanks to kiki for the story :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 03:42:36 pm by direwolf »

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 03:59:28 pm »
*applauds*

although short, i got immersed in this little gem, i coulkd visualise the event so well, marvelous i give it two paws up!

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 08:01:27 pm »
enki\'s do have thumbs you know ;)

Kiirani

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 05:41:00 am »
Err.. Yes I am quite aware of that.. Where did it imply that they do not?

Gentar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 10:27:50 am »
Demarthl said \"two paws up\", where the popular phrase is \"two thumbs up\", thinking it was clever or something. when in fact, according to pestilence enki\'s have thumbs which makes the comment kind of inaccurate, but whatever i dont care.

Kiirani

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 10:43:22 am »
Lol.. There\'s nothing wrong with that comment :P