Author Topic: The Cave  (Read 803 times)

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
The Cave
« on: October 12, 2005, 01:58:43 pm »
The Cave

The morning was a bliss. Azure Sun slowly began enlightening the whole area, showing the splendour of the land and bringing her a warmth that she needed so much after the chilly night. Karyuu looked down from the cliff, slightly relished by the weather. The view, now exposed to her glimmering, orange eyes, was astonishing. Wide lakes were reflecting the first azure rays, playing with light by creating all sorts of cheerfull shapes. She could see endless fields covered with tall grass, now swayed by a gentle and playful wind. A smile appeared on her face. She could sit there all day long, everything was so beautiful.
 The chilly morning breeze made her shiver slightly. She didn\'t wear much, just her usual tribal clothes. Karyuu closed her eyes and slightly leaned backwards. Everything was so enjoyable... A pleasant wind was smooching her face gently, playing with her short fur and moving onward to glide through the vast wilderness. The fresh air held a slight scent of the nearby forest. With every breath she took, the smell made her relax even more. The warmth brought by the Azure Sun kept growing constantly. Karyuu grinned broadly and let herself indulge in the delights bestowed upon her by the forces of nature. Minutes passed, she didn\'t feel like doing anything else at the moment.
    The feeling was great. Very few things could ruin this pleasening moment and there were also those things that would make it even better. Karyuu knew that one of the latter was just about to happen. She wrapped her tail around one of her legs and bit the lip, seemingly excited by something. The Azure Sun was finally shining brightly, showing the true hue of her dark gray fur.
  \"You already know I am here.\" Draklar approached her slowly, careful not to make any sound. He stopped just few feet behind her back.
 \"Yes, I could sense you.\" Karyuu looked over her shoulder and moved her eyesight all over the warrior\'s body, as if inspecting him carefully. Strange as it seems, everytime she saw him, Draklar appeared to be even stronger than before. She was certain that with his strength, the enkidukai surpassed most of their race. There was a slightly torn ulbernaut fur that he wore most of the time. It was some kind of a sign that this barbarian was better to be left alone. Fierce and dangerous, that\'s what she always thought about him. But Karyuu felt safe in his presence anyway. She knew that there\'s more about this warrior, than just a bloodlusting beast.
   Karyuu smiled slightly and released the leg from the wrap of her tail, waiting patiently for Draklar to sit by her side. Without any rush, he sat down, letting his legs to rest after the long journey. Soon Karyuu could feel the warmth of his hand on her shoulder. It happened many times before, but every time it did, it always felt as a new and exciting experience to her. Karyuu closed her eyes shivering slightly and unwillingly leaned against the warrior, finally resting her head on his shoulder.
   Although every good-bye she had to go through with him, filled her with a bit of sadness, everytime they met again, Karyuu felt utter joy and excitement. Moments like this one belonged to the happiest moments of her life.
   The enkidukai opened her eyes and threw a glance at Draklar\'s face. She smiled widely, meeting his gaze there. Before Karyuu could gather her thoughts, their lips already met in a ritual of a long, passionate kiss.
   A strong heat radiated from her face, signifying a blush beneath the fur. Once again she opened her eyes and smiled widely. Karyuu turned to the view that she admired just few minutes ago. \"Beautiful, isn\'t it?\" She whispered. Draklar didn\'t answer anything, only turned his sight to the plains and lakes, which showed off with their splendour far below the cliff.
    A pleasant breeze ran past them and carried on its dance in the open fields. Draklar raised his head, exposing a bit of concentration on his face. \"They are almost here.\" He spoke quietly.
  \"Yes,\" Karyuu nuzzled to him. \"I know.\"

-------------

Just a starter for now. Had a need to write something serious after making all the parody stuff. So there you have it... I\'ll carry on with it when I get some time.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 02:33:16 pm by Draklar »
AKA Skald

yayoo

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 02:08:27 pm »
Nice little start hope more will come soon :]

Dylia

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 04:37:04 pm »
I must say if have left me on the edge of my seat and biting my own tail......
I wait for more of this story to come and soon I do hope but...
so far this is one of the top five in my books
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 05:33:45 am by Dylia »

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 04:53:43 pm »
Thanks for the comments.
I\'ll probably add some more in this week. Just have to copy things from paper to computer and then edit a bit. Need to catch some time though.
AKA Skald

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 05:05:29 pm »
This is a great story and you have inspired me to continue with mine. I cannot wait to read the rest......
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Constrabus Gegami

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • The Klyros of Fury
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 11:38:15 pm »
Great tale. I\'m interested to read the rest when you post it....

Site: The Klyros of Fury
(Host had HDD crash - Rebuilding)
Forums: The Klyros of Fury
"Keeping alive the Brotherhood of the Klyros wilst assisting friend and foe."

nexevo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 10:14:03 am »
Fantastic little story, very well done Draklar, this is what RPing is all about. I hope stories like this encourage others to use their imagination.
Crystal Knight in Guild Knights

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former - Albert Einstein 1879-1955