Author Topic: I'm not able to see this ??  (Read 694 times)

Bebel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
I'm not able to see this ??
« on: November 09, 2005, 11:09:46 pm »
It happened to me 3 times now
a window appeard and its written: \" mesage from server back : you should not normally able to see this \" and disconected (kicked?), took me a long time before re-connect

I have noticed nothing special before the probleme, but during the the time i m disconected, it seems that i cant connect to this forum , and also the laanx fragnetics website .

What is it ? if i understand well this message, it said that i m not allowed to see something that i can see ?
does it mean that i have a cheat or something like that ?
(i\'m not )
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 11:11:43 pm by Bebel »
The evil is like an iceberg.
The Dark Empire is the little floating part you can see, but below this, there is a huge part...

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 11:14:32 pm »
When it says that the server has assumed that your client has already disconnected. That is why you should not be able to see that mesasge because, in theory, you should be looking at your desktop because PS has already exited.  I\'ve seen this reported a couple of times but haven\'t had enough \'repeatable\' evidence to start a good hunt on the cause yet.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Bebel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 06:44:03 am »
Thank you i feel reassured now
The evil is like an iceberg.
The Dark Empire is the little floating part you can see, but below this, there is a huge part...

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 03:45:49 pm »
How can it assume your client has crashed? Normally on a full screen view, if any message comes up (irregular or technical) your client actually WILL crash. So, if that message came up, nothing happened to your client, its the window itself that crashed it...Having the sound on doesn\'t help as well.

(What did the window look like? I might be wrong)

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 09:07:01 pm »
Which came first, the error or the error message?...  :P

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

Godfrey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 11:22:47 pm »
Originally posted by Suno_Regin
(What did the window look like? I might be wrong)

It\'s a PlaneShift dialog, not a Windows (or other OS) error dialog.  It\'s the same kind of window that comes up if your client has crashed, and you try to connect too soon (the one with the message telling you to wait thirty seconds and try again).

I\'ve only seen the \"You should not see this message\" message when the world is loading just after you\'ve joined the game -- never during gameplay, or when loading maps because you\'ve crossed into a different zone.

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 08:14:57 am »
I have a wireless internet connection, and whenever I lose it, I get that message, so see if your internet conneciton get lost
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

Lambo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 03:31:32 pm »
on Mac osX, I get that same text written backwards (as if you were looking at it in a mirror) whenever I move my mouse to the dock at the bottom of my screen, and when I move back in again, it dissapears. Nothing crashes.

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 03:35:58 pm »
Wow... that\'s weird.

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

hitancrias

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 05:16:30 pm »
I used to have that too: green mirrored text in screen. Most often where normaly wall texture should be. I\'m not sure, but I think I remember it were the player names, mirrored and written backwards backwards.

I\'ve also got the \"you should not be able to see this message\" once or twice.
Hitancrias. Herbalist. Explorer.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 08:55:33 am »
I also sometimes see those player names on a blue background (being undefined textures, some call it \"Hall of Mirrors\"), mostly when I am teleported out of the Death Realm, and the camera seems to be positioned somewhere out of world. But I am not sure if they are mirrored top-down, or rotated by 180? (indeed, this difference is important).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 08:55:56 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Stronith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 03:26:43 pm »
I\'ve gottent the \"You should not be able to see this\" PS dialog box maybe 10 times in the last month.

It seems to only happens to my client when I am trying to log into the just-crashed server. (or when I log in but my character select screen is empty, so I go back and log in again)

Not often, though.

EDIT: lol.  I got that message just now, after the server just came up. (on my first attempt to log in. I clicked OK, and logged in fine after that)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 03:36:31 pm by Stronith »