Author Topic: BIG WHOLE-OF-YLIAKUM EVENT!  (Read 1434 times)

Earthling

• Traveller
  • Long live the Helpers of Yliakum
    • View Profile
    • Helpers of Yliakum
Re: BIG WHOLE-OF-YLIAKUM EVENT!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 08:23:52 pm »
We have collected all of the prizes now and we will soon release the time and date of the event.  \\o//

Helpers of Yliakum Website
www.freewebs.com/yliakumhelpers
Helpers of Yliakum Forum
yliakumhelpers.proboards101.com

Arka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 10:05:47 am »
Sounds like fun!

Arka

Earthling

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Helpers of Yliakum
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 11:32:19 pm »
The time has now been set!
The event will start at 8am on the 25th of June SGT
The first stint will run from 8:30 to 8:40
The second sint will run from 8:45 to 9:00
The Final stint will run from 9:05 to 9:15
The prizes will be given out at 9:25am in the Oja Tavern
This event will be put on hold if a PS client update is released before the event.
Please check back here frequently incase we have to change the time or date.

Helpers of Yliakum Forum

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »
SGT?  Translation/equivalent times?
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Earthling

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Helpers of Yliakum
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 10:25:04 pm »
SGT is Singapore time.
It is also the same as server time.
You can convert the SGT time to your time with this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Helpers of Yliakum Forum

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 09:51:05 am »
( A slight comment again, regarding this event, specially considering that it seems it hasn't taken place already.

The thing is, again, if this event is meant to be IC, or not. The thread started somewhere else (I've no idea where) and then was moved to in game RP events. I assume then, that the organizer mentality is to have this event in IC boundaries.

I must say that roleplaying a race sounds like a hard thing to do. Because if we're to roleplay a race, the game mechanics really aren't going to help. Currently, no matter what you type in your description, that won't alter your char stats. So, if I play a very old char, if I hold the shift key and use arrows, my char will go as fast as any other char (awaiting new movement system to be implemented, that might change this ;) ) but it should get tired quicker than another competitor, perhaps even unable to finish the race at all. But probably the game mechanics aren't going to help me with that.

As I see it, the race is OOC. Beware, that is nothing that lowers the value of it. I just simply state that having it IC, will be quite hard (it would require to deeply know each of the chars involved as to guarantee all is indeed IC, requiring for instance that all competitors have a description to know if that char really was able or not, to win the race) in that sense an OOC race for fun doesn't harm anyone. It's equally fun. Having a "this is an IC race" tag won't make it more fun. If it's not possible, then so be it. This is going to be, imo, a good chance for the players to have fun, trying to drive their chars by the shortest way possible to the finish line, once someone shouts the "go!" word. Once again, there's nothing wrong with it being, imo, not fully IC, even more, those kind of events helps to find and have fun with other players, stressing player relationship and good mood, and that, in the end, can only benefit the RP that may arise from it later.)
Are there any MoonSeekers left?