Author Topic: [Guild] Vaal Guard - Community of Vaalnor  (Read 1228 times)

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
Re: Vaal Guard - Community of Vaalnor
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 04:56:35 am »
We now have a guild website: http://www.freewebs.com/vaalguard/

There are forums (Training Grounds) on there as well as a link to the Community of Vaalnor's chatroom (Around the Fireplace) in IRC.

Not all of the information is on there yet, the book of law needs to be written out properly and I still have to place a memberlist on the payroll page.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
Re: Vaal Guard - Community of Vaalnor
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 03:48:03 am »
I have a feeling that there seems to be some misunderstanding about our guild's purpose.

We are roleplaying a guard unit that operates in Ojaveda to provide some fun RP and give criminals a chance to be criminals.

At the moment I feel that we are simply seen as a free dueling service. People who want to pick a fight come to Ojaveda and harass us or kill others infront of us so we'll try to arrest them. Of course they won't co-operate and challenge you to a duel then. Alright it works that way ... but that's not roleplaying in my eyes. Duels between stronger characters is mainly a matter of who can exploit the game mechanics best anyway. All that is alright with me but I'd like to see a whole different approach.

What I had in mind as our contribution was more along the way of the 'cop and robber' game. Criminals get the challenge of pulling off crimes without being spotted or caught and we get to put up roadblocks, hunt them down, interrogate witnesses, put up wanted posters, etc. While they get to disguise themselves to avoid being spotted, hide out somewhere, infiltrate if they can, etc.

I'm really hoping to attract more of the latter and less of the former in the future and if you want to engage in some fun roleplaying, on either side, just contact me :D
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Archon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [Guild] Vaal Guard - Community of Vaalnor
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 10:46:38 pm »
http://z9.invisionfree.com/CoV/index.php?

I am posting this under all CoV-ruled "sub-guilds".

This is the temporary forum until the new website is finished. Please register and keep in touch.
Knowledge is infinite, but not invincible.
Now, nothing but a simple writer, waiting for tales.

Induane

• Veteran
  • What should I put here?
    • View Profile
    • Vaalnor Inc.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 09:40:13 am »
Now that the work on the new site is well underway I wanted to let you know that if you all need anything specific on the site to just let us know :D

miLosh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Community of Vaalnor
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 11:35:05 am »
[EDIT] oops, that was the wrong thread. moderator, can you please delete the message from here? i posted it already at the right thread - thanks ;)

Good day,

The new website is now in a "usable" state, as you can see here:
http://plexus.shacknet.nu/cov/index.php

You can use your username and password from the old site, but you have to upload your picture again (sorry ;).

I will very soon remove the old site from my server (finally get rid of phpnuke  \\o// ) and point the proxy to the new one. All forum posts will be available on the new site, but please use the forum on the old site for as long as it is avaible, or your message will be lost when I migrate the forum.

The left side of the site is still pretty empty. What the Council has in mind is giving our guildmembers the ability to have there own sections there. Like for example a section about crafting, magic, fighting and so on. You will get full administration rights for that particular section and be responsible for the content in it. That way, a merchant forexample can post the goods he is selling/buying and keep an uptodate price and item list. I think it would be an excellent place to represent the Vaal Guard too.

So, if you are interested in having your own section on the site, feel free to contact me. Induane and I are most of the time online in our IRC room and if not, simply respond to this post and we will try to settle a meeting to discuss further details.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 03:52:01 pm by miLosh »

there is more to find than you can lose...

Quote from: Phinehas
Lishom and Jekkar won't rid themselves of me that easily...