Author Topic: Very Odd...  (Read 498 times)

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
Very Odd...
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:30:02 pm »
Ok, so today, when I logged in, I got a message that updates were available. So I went and got the updates, then played for a bit. Then I left, and when I came back, both my characters were loading into the world, but without me being able to see or do anything. Here are some screenshots:

Then I pressed 'm' to change views, it told me 'Unknown' and changed to this:

Edit: Unstick didn't do anything, and with another character, I used /die, which sent me to the death realm, which had the same problem but was completely black.

What can I do? Please help,

Xirius
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 01:32:59 pm by provisionist1 »
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Very Odd...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 01:31:24 pm »
Did you try logging out and back in a few more times?
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:40:05 pm »
Ok, just tried logging in and out a few times, now it doesn't finish loading, for either character (one in Hydlaa and one in the Death Realm)

I did however go to the setup and selected relight for the death realm, does it do this when you next log into the game? Should I let it keep loading? I went back to the setup and it now just says relighting standby after opening the relight panel.

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

eldoth_terevan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 01:51:02 pm »
This happened to my Mac client after the server going down around noon last Saturday. It took me about three hours to just do a reinstall of the client (after backing up my keyboard command files). Then everything was fine. I am not sure if the condition was caused by the server, or me not being patient trying to get back in. But I reloaded and reupdated and all is well. Actually: It did not take me 3 HOURS to reinstall the client, it took me 2 hours 45 minutes to try everything I could think of before reinstalling the client, then I was back in business within fifteen minutes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 04:51:51 pm by eldoth_terevan »

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 02:12:53 pm »
Ok, tried loading in again, came here as seen below. No movement keys or anything works, but I can use all the screens (spellbook, quests etc.).

I am also on a mac client...maybe had something to do with the updated files. Well, I'm going to try a reinstall and update, luckily I still have the .dmg on my computer, so I don't have to re-download it.

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 03:54:28 pm »
Yeah, I had that happen when v.15 first came out.  I ended up reinstalling.  Either try updating one more time or just reinstall if it keeps happining.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Quin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 05:00:48 pm »
I'm pretty sure that you have caught the camera glitch bug.  The view plus the "unknown" when you hit m to change camera view is very similar t a problem I had. the fix is here:http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=24579.0

make sure you just delete the camera.xml and not the camera_def.xml.

I hope that this solves your problem.
Quinidain Sherkhan : Enkidukai knife fighter and Starlight Hunter , living life one rat hide at a time

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 10:51:45 am »
Thanks for your help Quin, but I just reinstalled the program from my .dmg on my computer and re-updated while I was away at work. Everything was fine.

Cheers guys for your help, hope this doesn't happen to too many others, but I recommend always keeping the download on the computer- makes reinstalling very easy without having to re-download.

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Kecey Ghost

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • The Way of the Hammer
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 04:42:52 pm »
Deleting the camera.xml file works everytime for me...
Kecey Varobed
Council in The Way of the Hammer