Author Topic: Conflicting Quests - Need Direction  (Read 379 times)

Fyre

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Conflicting Quests - Need Direction
« on: April 10, 2007, 06:00:46 pm »
I started a quest regarding a lock, and after performing a task and answering a riddle, a second riddle was asked and all seemed to stop.  The NPC involved no longer understood anything.  A friend who seems quite knowledgeable about PS told me the quest was a broken one, and nothing could be done with it.  So, I decided to put my energy towards gaining winch access, and completed all but one.  Of course, after a few preliminary tasks, this quest brought me to the same NPC as the lock quest, so another dead end.  I opened another quest, concerning a potion, and as fate would have it, I again faced the same locked out NPC.  I know the advice has been to work on only one quest at a time, but if you come across a bad one, multiple quests being opened are unavoidable.  If there are "broken" quests out there, perhaps a list could be posted (similar to the list of skills that cannot be trained, which was very helpful.)  As none of the three mentioned quests started with the "locked"  NPC, there was no way I could have forseen this.  And the elimination of the ability to delete  certain quests has caused me to be caught in a situation with no solution in sight.  I would appreciate any guidance.

For what it's worth, this is my first MMORPG and I think the world you have created is fantastic...moreso as it is not a commercial venture.  Thank you for sharing your talents.

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Conflicting Quests - Need Direction
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:18:20 pm »
i know that quest.
nope quest works. atleast for the second riddle. and probably the rest as well.
you may have been seeing an artifact of the npclinet crashing or hiccupping. but keep trying and it will follow through.

may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.