Author Topic: CVS  (Read 315 times)

Jamiro

• Traveller
    • View Profile
CVS
« on: March 13, 2003, 10:38:52 pm »
Hello,

I heard from a developer today that the CVS version might come out next week, this got me curious.  I don\'t really know anything about stages beyond Molecular Blue other than the Crystal Blue which is months away and will be a playable demo. So I decided to see what I could find on the forums before asking.

I did a search on CVS and from what I can find it looks like it is a archive containing all the source necessary to build a PS client on virtually any supported system.  Most of the posts seem to be related to linux users.  I also see that aCraig has said that we should use it to build a Molecular Blue version.  

Since us windows users are currently running a Molecular Blue version, does CVS have anything new for us?  

I think windows users probably owe the developers a hearty thank you for making it very easy for us to get this game running.  All I had to do was download 5 files, concatenate them together and run an installer.. voila! working MB.  It sounds like many linux users had a nightmarish job of getting all the right files into the right places, building a working makefile, then having to compile the code themselves.

I\'d also like to know if anyone can give a list of known releases planned to come and what they entail.. I suspect such information is not written in stone yet, so I don\'t expect a lot ;)

Thanks,
Jamiro

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 10:43:40 pm »
The update will be for all supported platforms.

Jamiro

• Traveller
    • View Profile
thx, still wondering
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 10:03:47 am »
Thanks Vengeance, I\'m still wondering if the CVS release has new content for windows users.  I guess I am not sure if I read things correctly.  It sort of looked like it was Molecular Blue for all systems.  That is the version I am running now.

Jamiro

Aelostar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 07:03:06 pm »
oh, dont know how that translates in the end, but it sounds like a good thing ;)